New to using myfitnesspal

Options
Hi,

My names Daniel I'm 34 and weight 290. I'm looking to get down to bout 200. I used to work out in my 20s so I've got some muscle under the fat and I'd looking to bring that back out. My wife and I started using the program to keep up with our food intake and I love the access to all the foods they have in the database.... We have a Wii and got the game Fit in 6. Seems to be a very good exercise program. Lots of options so hopefully no one gets bored. Hopefully with some new friends and some times we both can reach our goals....

Replies

• fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    Nice to meet you Daniel. Feel free to add me into your support group. And the wife too!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Heya! My husband and I also joined recently to shape up. Feel free to add him!
  • sfthmradio
    Options
    I got the Wii but not sure what game that is....sounds good though I have to check that out.
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome :-) If you are gonna follow the MFP plan you will get to your goal and even better :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey Daniel, Sounds like we are in a similiar position. I was up to 300 when I started myfitnesspal.com. I've set my goal weight at 185 but like you I did a lot of weight lifting when I was younger. I think 200-205 is more realistic for me. My wife has also joined. It's really helpful when you have someone doing it along with you. In a month she's lost 12 pounds and I've lost about 23. Good luck!

Scott
  • helssparkle17
    helssparkle17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all of this and don't have friends lol. I'm getting married in March and really want to lose a stone and a half. I can do the exercise but find the eating so hard. Need major motivation