Making Up the Over Calorie Days...

Options
Is it dumb to think I should leave a defecit the day after I go horribly over cals?

I went and failed to stick to the plan at the bachlorette party yesterday, so I am wondering if a defecit today is the way to "make up" for it. Dumb idea, or a decent way to even things out?

Replies

• brvanover
    brvanover Posts: 52
    Options
    I don't know if it's "correct" or actually does anything to even it out, but I do this. If anything it at least makes me feel better.
  • svetlana_vs
    Options
    I tend to do it as well, but a better way to deal with it would be by exercise probably...
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I do it.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I don't try to add an extra defecit the day after I go over. I just call it a "zigzag day" and move on, lol. But I'm usually under anyway, so having a spike day probably helps once in a while.
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    I think it is part of life going to social get togethers with food. Going to these things are part of being a good friend, I try to do my best at these kind of functions, and try to make it up through out the week by eating more low cal items like lean meat, fish, veggies, and fruit - exercise also helps. Most importantly, I while I am out I keep mindful of small portions. I try not to let all my good sense go out the window. I hope this helps.
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think ww's allows you to do this. Save points for a treat and that kind of thing, so your basically operating on a deficit for a few days to make up for a surplus.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    i do it too...good question because i really DONT know if you should or shouldnt, but if you are taking your calorie intake and averaging it for the week, i would think it does;)
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just beware of trying to make up too much with deficit and ending up ravenous and therefore overeating all over again. Good luck.