Pes Select Protein powder

Options
I've been seeing a lot of this type of protein powder on social media. Has anyone on here tried this brand? People always advertise and give a discount code so i'm not sure if they just get a cut and if it's a pyramid scheme or if it's an actual good tasting powder.

Replies

• ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Chocolate peanut butter cup is the best thing I have ever tasted in my life
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate peanut butter and chocolate frosted cupcake and thought they were disgusting. I ended up throwing them out as I could not choke them down. I know other people who like that brand but I just found it to be absolutely horrible.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I tried the chocolate peanut butter and chocolate frosted cupcake and thought they were disgusting. I ended up throwing them out as I could not choke them down. I know other people who like that brand but I just found it to be absolutely horrible.

What exactly did you not like about them? Were they artificial tasting? Or was the texture chalky? Just out of curiousity
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

What exactly did you not like about them? Were they artificial tasting? Or was the texture chalky? Just out of curiousity

The texture was fine. The taste is what I didn't like. I don't know that I would call it artificial tasting. I just didn't like it at all. I usually get either Optimum Nutrition or the generic GNC brand in either chocolate or vanilla. I'm not sure if you've had either of those but I think they are much better than the ones I threw out.
  • bman8333
    bman8333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard is by far the best protein powder I've had!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The PES is delicious, especially the Snickerdoodle and peanut butter cookie. They have a 7 serving sample size (cute size jars) as well as single serving packets you can buy on their website to test it. Not a Pyramid scheme.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I thought their Frosted Chocolate Cupcake was one of the best tasting chocolate protein powders I ever tasted.

Granted, I'm speaking from a small range of sampling. I have limited experience of protein powders.

Saying that, on its own as a shake for a snack, I don't think PES is very satisfying or filling.

In that regard, I think Quest is the most satisfying. Quest's chocolate shake is horrible tasting, though.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    I thought their Frosted Chocolate Cupcake was one of the best tasting chocolate protein powders I ever tasted.

Granted, I'm speaking from a small range of sampling. I have limited experience of protein powders.

Saying that, on its own as a shake for a snack, I don't think PES is very satisfying or filling.

In that regard, I think Quest is the most satisfying. Quest's chocolate shake is horrible tasting, though.

I love quest cinnamon crunch it's amazing!

• Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    I just bought snickerdoodle and chocolate frosted cupcake. Just tried snickerdoodle and it's very good! I don't drink protein powder I usually mix with oat mean or make an ice cream and top with some cereal and a little Hershey chocolate or caramel syrup. It was yummy!