I just ate 5500 calories in 2 day!!!!

Options
I know this isn't good for me but I have eaten 5500 calories today and really binged! If I eat normal for the rest of the week will I still gain a pound or 2 or will I go back to my original weight? Anyone know?

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What are your maintenance calories?

Also, I can't tell from your post title versus your actual post if you mean you ate that much today or over a two day period. Assuming your maintenance is about 2000 and you ate that much in one day, you have a 3500 surplus, which is one pound. If you eat at a deficit of 500 calories a day for the rest of the week, you will have a 500 calorie surplus, and maybe stay the same or gain a little.

3500 calories makes a pound. The most you can possibly gain as a direct result of your binge is less than two pounds. It's a setback but not the end of the world. Get back on your regular schedule and think about what caused you to binge so it doesn't happen again. Don't over restrict to try to make up for it, or you will lose control and binge again.

Edit: I agree with others that counseling or a doctor's advice might help. There are some medications which help some people with binging, too - you will only get help if you ask for help.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    lozzah8791 wrote: »
    I know this isn't good for me but I have eaten 5500 calories today and really binged! If I eat normal for the rest of the week will I still gain a pound or 2 or will I go back to my original weight? Anyone know?

@lozzah8791, I had issues with binging as well until I cut carbs drastically. Some people can eat carbs and never over eat. Carbs make me hungry.. I'm not saying it will work for you, but if you ever feel desperate enough, try high fat, mid protein, low carb. And eat eggs.. not sure why but eggs curb my appetite. Try that for a week at your calorie allowance. I'm still fighting the carb thing but says I do well on and stay under 20g carbs, I have to force myself to eat above 1200 calories. Days I eat to many carbs, I find myself at 2500 or more calories by the end of the day.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That depends on what the rest of your week looks like. if you were at a deficit the rest of the time, you shouldn't really gain much weight at all. Maybe incorporating some exercise will help if you're concerned with excess calories.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You want to gain weight according to your other threads, so you need to eat more calories. Binging is not healthy though - why not try eating more every day than eating "normally" (I assume not enough) most days and then going nuts occasionally?