low Carbs the only way 4 me

Options
sarbluebear
sarbluebear Posts: 9 Member
edited November 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
So many times I have tried weight watchers, approximately 6weeks which i my longest is all I maintain it for which is really only 6kg. I have this problem that when I eat anything that has sugar in it, I need more to the point it consumes my every thought. The only thing over the past 6 years that works for me and works really well is cutting out those carbs, that in no way means all my carbs I choose low GI vegetables to have in every meal and still have two snacks either half a cup of berries or celery with peanut butter or creamed cheese. It seems the amount of fat I eat is quite high but I never gain wait from a 1400 Calorie intake often more. I've reached the stage now which its only been 4 days were ive lost 4kg mainly water but my insane hard to control need for sugar HAS GONE!!!!! YAY now its easy I just have to stay focused. When I go shopping I have a list that im not allowed to stray from and their is nothing in my Kitchen that could set of my cravings. I need to post my daily thoughts and if their is someone out there that has a similar eating plan their using I would luv to swap recipes and just keep each other inspired. The more support one gets the more motivated they are to keep up the good work. 4kg down 16kg to go. xox

Replies

• sarbluebear
    Options
    So many times I have tried weight watchers, approximately 6weeks which i my longest is all I maintain it for which is really only 6kg. I have this problem that when I eat anything that has sugar in it, I need more to the point it consumes my every thought. The only thing over the past 6 years that works for me and works really well is cutting out those carbs, that in no way means all my carbs I choose low GI vegetables to have in every meal and still have two snacks either half a cup of berries or celery with peanut butter or creamed cheese. It seems the amount of fat I eat is quite high but I never gain wait from a 1400 Calorie intake often more. I've reached the stage now which its only been 4 days were ive lost 4kg mainly water but my insane hard to control need for sugar HAS GONE!!!!! YAY now its easy I just have to stay focused. When I go shopping I have a list that im not allowed to stray from and their is nothing in my Kitchen that could set of my cravings. I need to post my daily thoughts and if their is someone out there that has a similar eating plan their using I would luv to swap recipes and just keep each other inspired. The more support one gets the more motivated they are to keep up the good work. 4kg down 16kg to go. xox
  • lillori
    Options
    I think this is going to be a hard task. I am new to this and extremely dependant on carbs... yes they can be consuming... and when I have a bad day I want carbs etc. I will keep an eye out for some recipes. support is important .....hopefully there will be alot on here.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Carb Addicts ! !

I confess, I am one. And I am changed. One day at a time.

Once you get off the sugar, it is so much easier on you; and I promise you will feel better. I have a friend who calls sugar "White Death". That about describes it. (Though I thought he was arrogant when he said it.)

To sarbluebear & lillori: Just try to stay in the allotted calories given in your goals here on MFP. Once you start trying to stay within those goals, you will see that there is really not much room for sugar - it just eats up too much of your calorie needs. There are a number of good sugar subs. Look at these suggestions:
    _________
    Xylotil- sugar sub suggested by Dental Hygenist here on the msg boards ---- Thank you, missjacki !
    Pasted from :
    <http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/898-already-have-doubts

http://www.xlearinc.com/locateStore.aspx ( Store Locator for xylotil )
    _________
    Stevia all natural sweetener:
    Stevia Extract Packets - Box of 100 - The world's only all-natural sweetener with ZERO calories

https://www.weightlossresource.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/N0432/tab/Label#title
    _________
    (I'm Discouraged!!! - Free Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal.com) - msg board

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/735-i-m-discouraged
    _________
    Of course, Splenda is available at the grocery store in the baking aisle by the sugar. There have been some posts expressing concern with its safety depending on the quantity you use - but I have been using a 1/2 teaspoon at times I crave sugar. It has helped me tremendously.

And you can always have a "treat" - but don't have sugar in the house if you are a carb/sugar addict like me. Just allow for it in your allottments occasionally. Walk to the store and have a small ice cream or donut. Or park 10 blocks from the store and then walk to the treat!
    Hang in! You CAN DO this.

~Cheryl

Stevia sweetener-
  • sarbluebear
    Options
    well tomorrow is day 5, I've kept under 30 carbs a day, my cravings have nearly gone, temptation is still there but when I hit the gym tomorrow they should deminish. Thankyou for your suggestions I have also been putting diet soft drinks in ice cubes so I just eat one of them when i'm feeling desperate. I'm eating about 1,200 calories to 1,400 calories I'll keep incontact I weighed in at 71.1kg today I was 74.4kg on thursday- so something is working I just cant see it but time and commitment will soon show results x
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, sarbluebear ! Keep it up!

~Cheryl
This discussion has been closed.