This might be working for a cronic under-eater

I've been on and off here for a few months and getting brave enough to try the community side of this. I was utterly shocked to see how much of an under-eater I was when I started this. I would like to know some other folks who have been overweight for a long time and under-eating.

Replies

• bevK303
    bevK303 Posts: 5 Member
    Im not over weight, but I have been WAY under eating. It's amazing how much we don't realize what goes in our mouths. It's surprising to me. I have to actually eat snacks now, and my step goal is set to 10000 to keep me maintained. Especially if you don't get toove a lot or exercise enough.
  • lady_tasia
    lady_tasia Posts: 13 Member
    Bev, I eat six meals a day to get in enough calories. Most days I have some left, but I'm now over the 1200 absolute minimum for basic body maintenance. It still feels crazy that I have lost 9 pounds eating twice as much food I was previously.
  • CharGillott
    CharGillott Posts: 56 Member
    I never realized how much I was under eating on the food that I needed. I am a chronic over Eater. I have to struggle not to eat to much. It's getting better since I started increasing my protein and fiber. Count your self lucky that you don't have my problem
  • lady_tasia
    Over weight and under eating can happen together. I am living proof of this. My mom feed us no lunch all summer long trying to thin me down during my childhood. I would loose maybe 10 pounds while my sister and brother became really thin, and then I'd gain it all back plus more weight during the school year. I had been told by doctors for years and years that I was overweight because I ate too much. These doctors did not ask what I was actually eating. I had cut down what I was eating to the point where my metabolism was ultra low. When I had a doctor who actually looked at what I ate she commented that she could not survive on how little I was eating. Since then I've been working on increasing my calories to the point where my metabolism can increase. Overall, I'm down 73 pounds from my highest lifetime weight.
  • BrityKitty
    BrityKitty Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you! People who understand my problem. Add me pls
  • lady_tasia
    In 2017 I lost an average of half a pound a week for the entire year and am still keeping at it. Eating enough is working for me. I have kept to my counts and made myself not drop below 1200calories on any day. Most days I keep around 1600-1700. On rare occasions I go over 2000. I also admit to being an exercise junkie as I just love to move.

So... how are any of you other hopefully reformed under-eaters doing?