TOM!!! Go away!

Options
So this week I was really excited about how many inches I lost (a total of 10). Then I got on the scale and only lost .5 in between my measurements and my weigh in I got my TOM and I was wondering if it was normal to gain or not lose weight during that time. Any opinions would be great!

Replies

• pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It is normal to gain because of the water weight that your body puts on
  • Jdine
    Jdine Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you wt training? If so you could be gaining muscle.. If you lose 5lbs of fat and gain 5lbs of muscle your body will weigh the same but look different..
  • alexandradeyl
    alexandradeyl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yes. both. for me, about 3 days before my cycle to 3 days after, i can weigh up to 4 pounds more. i dont weigh myself during that time. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm almost always up during that week. The following week I'm usually at least back to what I was the week before if not down from there. Don't stress about it, it's totally normal. I usually am losing around a pound a week, then I either stay the same or gain a pound, then lose like 2-3 the next week. As long as I see losses over the course of 6-10 weeks I'm happy!!! Stupid female hormones!!!! Yuck!
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am marching for the communists today too :P

Gah I feel so ****ing hot... my body temp always skyrockets this time...
  • patiencelahita
    Options
    Thanks you guys feel much better! hopefully life will be better in a few weeks.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I stepped on my scale this morning and gained 1.5 lb. TOM is only a few days away so I figure that it's just my body retaining water. I had weekly deficit of 2600, so it wouldn't make sense that the 1.5 gain is real weight.
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Glad I searched for this topic before posting my own - I had the exact same question. It's actually quite upsetting. I am being very careful and avoiding all the usual cravings and still being diligent about doing my 60 mins of cardio a day and then to step on the scale and see a higher number is discouraging. Let's hope next week's weigh-in shows a loss!!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just had to chuckle at the title. I'm 62...believe me...it will go away!!!