Workout ideas for busy mom

Options
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for workouts or exercises for a stay at home mom? My little guys are 22 months and 10 months old and they are balls of pure energy lol. So something that works multiple muscles at once to save a bit of time or includes my little guys would be awesome! Thanks for any input, ideas or advice in advance!!!

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    With little kids those ages I would do at home workout DVDs/YouTube workouts. Personally I don't have any to recommend, but I'm sure others will. You can also do circuits like what has been mentioned at home - crunches, push ups, lunges, planks, etc.. Long walks with kids in the stroller, or even jog if you have a decent jogging stroller. Remember you can lose weight without dedicated exercise, however exercise is good for your overall health.
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hasfit
    Fitness Blender
    You can find them on youtube.. they are great
    Buy some weights (5,10,15) if you can and combine
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Walking
    Workouts on youtube- Jessica Smith TV and fitness blender both have a lot of variety.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    My wife has always been a runner...one of the first things she bought after our oldest was born was a jogging stroller...when my second was born, she bought a double.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Jogging stroller, then you can run or walk. I have 6 kids and when they were really small if I couldn't get out to walk or run I would do a DVD. Some days it was like doing an exercise video while walking through an obstacle course because they always wanted to be right by me while I did them, but it worked.
  • amuslimahh
    amuslimahh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is what I do at home with my boy. We jog and pretend to be cars that drive race and crash
  • haalastar2
    haalastar2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input and ideas!!!
  • catherbrittany
    catherbrittany Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot of things. One thing I recommend, download SECONDS...free app. Or don't.........choose 5 exercises and do them for 30seconds each. No rest between, after all exercises completed then take a 90 second break. Repeat 2-3x. High Intensity Interval Training.... amazing you don't need to spend more than 20 mins a day for 3-4 days a week!
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love t25. When I don't have 25 minutes or want more I do YouTube video HIIT and fitness blender videos. Sometimes I do them behind the couch on the laptop while kids watch tv lol gets it done!
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Double Jogging stroller is great -- could do a couch to 5k program. Or Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Google Kayla Itsines BBG. Each workout only takes half an hour and you can do them at home.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Try a beachbody program. You're at home with the kids all day, you just need 30 minutes of your time to work out. Or youtube fitness programs.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are workout videos you can do using your kiddos as weight! Don't have the links but someone does or they would be easy to google.