How much weight should I lose in a 700calorie diet

Options
I've been on a 700 calorie diet for two weeks now, I lost 2.4 kilograms, is this normal or should I Have lost some more ??
I'm not active at all, my work is in an office, not much moving!

Replies

• kmarsh906
    kmarsh906 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Technically a woman is not ment to eat less then 1000 calories a day . But 2.4 kilograms is good in two weeks
  • kmarsh906
    Options
    2.4 kilogrmams is like 5 pound so that's realy good but just be careful you don't pass out
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    a) You should not be in a 700 cal diet. Other than in very rare cases, that is much much less than your body needs to function normally.
    b) There is a general guideline that you should not lose more than 1% of your body weight in a week. So lets say (for easier calculation) you lost 2 kgs in two weeks, that means 1 kg per week. That is only healthy if you weight 100kg or more. You should not strive to lose more than 1% of body weight per week, because what you have to do for that would deprive you of nutrition you need and anyway not teach you any way of eating that will be healthy or sustainable in the long run.
    c) You can use MFP to calculate the calories (and deficit) you should eat for your stats (weight, age, height) and weight loss goal. It will never 'allow' you to eat less than 1200 cals though, because that is already maintenance for a lean, short person. I am for example only 1 kg over an 'underweight' BMI, and only 160 cm tall, my maintenance would still be 1300-1400 cals. Which is about double of what you are eating right now.

You are setting yourself up for a breakdown, yo-yoing or in the worst case an eating disorder. Please stop that diet and find a reasonable long term goal you can also maintain later and live healthily on.
  • mirnadababneh
    mirnadababneh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kmarsh906 wrote: »
    2.4 kilogrmams is like 5 pound so that's realy good but just be careful you don't pass out

Yes, I know I'm on a low caloric diet,,, I tried everything but seems that this diet is working so far, so losing some weight on this diet would be really helpful for me to start a new healthy diet :) , thank you
  • kmarsh906
    Options
    Just please be careful as u could put your self through malnutrition and become really ill.. is that what calories it gives u each day to have when u put your weight in what u want to be. Because I no mine will only let me loose up to 2lb a week and my total calories a day is 1200
  • mirnadababneh
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    a) You should not be in a 700 cal diet. Other than in very rare cases, that is much much less than your body needs to function normally.
    b) There is a general guideline that you should not lose more than 1% of your body weight in a week. So lets say (for easier calculation) you lost 2 kgs in two weeks, that means 1 kg per week. That is only healthy if you weight 100kg or more. You should not strive to lose more than 1% of body weight per week, because what you have to do for that would deprive you of nutrition you need and anyway not teach you any way of eating that will be healthy or sustainable in the long run.
    c) You can use MFP to calculate the calories (and deficit) you should eat for your stats (weight, age, height) and weight loss goal. It will never 'allow' you to eat less than 1200 cals though, because that is already maintenance for a lean, short person. I am for example only 1 kg over an 'underweight' BMI, and only 160 cm tall, my maintenance would still be 1300-1400 cals. Which is about double of what you are eating right now.

You are setting yourself up for a breakdown, yo-yoing or in the worst case an eating disorder. Please stop that diet and find a reasonable long term goal you can also maintain later and live healthily on.

I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for nearly a month and I lost 0 kgs,, I tried low carbon high protein diet, and I gained 0.5 kilograms,,, I'm really desperate!!
  • kmarsh906
    Options
    If u don't mine me asking but what is your starting weight ?
  • mirnadababneh
    Options
    63.8 kilograms, I'm 159 cm height
    15 days and I lost 2.4 kgs
    Not active at all
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for nearly a month and I lost 0 kgs,, I tried low carbon high protein diet, and I gained 0.5 kilograms,,, I'm really desperate!!

How are you determining your intake? Do you use a food scale for solids and measure all liquids? Are you using accurate database entries?

.... Or do you eyeball portions?
    .... Scan packages without weighing?
  • mirnadababneh
    Options
    I weight everything and count every single calorie I consume
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I weight everything and count every single calorie I consume

Have you been to a Dr for tests to determine why your metabolism is so dysfunctional?
  • kmarsh906
    Options
    Well I had a baby 9 weeks ago today and I started off at 12 stone and height is 5ft 8 and I am now 11stone 11 on a 1200 calorie diet a day. Baring in mind I only started my journey at 5 weeks pp x
  • mirnadababneh
    Options
    I've done a routine blood test, everything was just fine
  • mirnadababneh
    Options
    Well,,, congrats for the baby ☺
    But are you an active person??
  • kmarsh906
    Options
    I walk quite a bit but I wouldn't say I get up and exercise. Have you tried the 1200 calorie diet whilst going to the gym or even get a toning tube you can use that anywere
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    63.8 kilograms, I'm 159 cm height
    15 days and I lost 2.4 kgs
    Not active at all

So see, I started with nearly the same stats. It took me 10 months to get from 63 to 52 kg. And there were times where I was eating unhealthily little, due to emotional reasons and stress. The lower your weight is, the lower the amount you will be losing is. And the smaller is the deficit you can safely have.
    Even if a person is very lean, they still have (usually) the same organs to keep running. You are eating in a way that is too low to keep your organs running in the long run. It might not show yet. It might show in two weeks. It will definitely show after two months on this diet. And then you could have serious problems.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.