September Whole30

Options
Anyone starting the September Whole30 today? Let's be friends.

Replies

• dawnrobyn258
    dawnrobyn258 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing that program specifically but I'm doing a Clean Eating program which I think is fairly similar :)
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing the whole30 for the first time this month but not starting for a couple of weeks. Currently reading through the book and planning recipes.
  • fitzmommy8
    fitzmommy8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ive done 2 successful whole30s in the past year, going to start again on Tuesday:) I learned how to cook with hellofresh before I started and ive learned so much doing whole30, weight comes off so easily but I slip back ino old habits once its over. I hope i can do paleo 90% of the time after this round! Good luck everyone!
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is Day 1 for me! This is my second time around, but when I did it in January I wasn't really organized enough to log my meals. This time, I'm hoping to get more out of it. I never felt the "tiger blood" last time. I felt exhausted and was really anxious throughout. But I lost 20 pounds, my teeth were much whiter without the sugar and carbs in my diet, my skin cleared up, and I liberated myself from a lot of food dependencies (wheat, sugar, cheese). So I am hoping I enjoy it more this time, and still get the good results I had last time!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    This is Day 1 for me! This is my second time around, but when I did it in January I wasn't really organized enough to log my meals. This time, I'm hoping to get more out of it. I never felt the "tiger blood" last time. I felt exhausted and was really anxious throughout. But I lost 20 pounds, my teeth were much whiter without the sugar and carbs in my diet, my skin cleared up, and I liberated myself from a lot of food dependencies (wheat, sugar, cheese). So I am hoping I enjoy it more this time, and still get the good results I had last time!

Logging meals isn't part of the whole 30 program...
  • fitzmommy8
    Options
    I decided that the whole30 was great the first time bc I learned that healthy food can be delicious but Im on a yo yo diet now and when i try to do another one im gaining the weight back quickly so I am going to track my foods and step on the scale once a week and find other ways to control my food. But it works great for a lot of people so Im not trying to discourage anyone, good luck!
  • fitzmommy8
    Options

Maybe you didn't get the tiger blood because you weren't eating enough, you have to eat enough fat at every meal, did you follow the template?
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Starting my second round of it on Monday. I absolutely loved it the first time, but I did spend a ton of time planning meals, finding recipes, etc. That made me feel confident and prepared going into it, and it made the whole process fun. Time-consuming, but fun :smile: It worked really well for me- I physically and mentally felt better than I had in several years. The weight loss (15 lbs) was just a bonus. I was able to maintain the weight loss but over time, I crept back to old habits and although I never gained the weight back and I'm now losing again, I miss how I felt when doing Whole30. Feel free to add me!
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Started mine after Labor Day, so 9/5. This will be my second, first one was mid-May to mid-June 2016. Just had a baby in April so working on getting back to my new normal.
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Logging meals isn't part of the whole 30 program...

Yes. I know.