Birth control

Options
So.... I am on a high dose hormonal birth control pill it's Kelnore or something like that. I eat healthy and exercise. I'm wondering if I am thinner then I already am with the pill or I mean I would way less if I wasn't on it. How much do you gain I have been on it for a year . Has anyone notice that it affects your weight? I just want to know how much I actually do way?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The pill may increase your appetite, but in of itself it does not make you weigh more.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You actually weigh what the scale says. Though you may want to track weight for a few days and see the average because weight changes due to water retention and just plain old food sitting around.

Birth control can increase weight due to appetite increases with hormone changes. Did you weigh yourself before you went on it?

I want to go on it but am afraid I won't be able to control an increase in appetite. I already struggle enough.
  • Rosesandhealth
    Rosesandhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been on a high hormone Birth control pill for four years. I did notice some weight gain but only about 5lbs. It could have been due to the increased appetite though, that's for sure a thing with birth control pills, at least for me. As long as you continue to eat healthy and exercise I've noticed that losing and maintaining me weight is the same as it always has been and that the pills don't make a huge difference. :smile:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about those details. You can be a healthy weight regardless. Worry about what you weigh now and work from there.
  • alexandra9119
    alexandra9119 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks everyone!!! I actually my appetite didn't increase . So for anyone concerned with going on the pill.. .....you just have to see which one works for you. I personally like the low estrogen birth control pills but my insurance will not pay for those. Yeah I was like 136 to 138 . I always been thin I just like staying healthy now because im 31and I feel like once you hit 30 it's so hard to eat a lot like I use to unless I exercise now like 2 hours a day lol I did gain weigh I didn't eat a lot just the wrong foods. I got divorced almost two years ago and at the time I just craved bad food ugh . I now am at my weight that I was in my 20s ...yay!!! I'm 5'8 and now way 130 would like to be 125. So that's why I was wondering if it just that I am retaining water? so the weight I gained made me unhappy so I just changed my diet to Whole Foods and avoided processed foods I love to exercise so that want a problem lol I don't drink diet or soda just fresh water with lemon or make ice tea .
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I switched birth controls in February and gained 5 pounds between then and April. I then switched again in April and have gained another 11 pounds since! Both times, my doctor increased my hormone levels, so it definitely caused a shift in my appetite/weight.
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Usually the only gain from bc is about 5-7 pounds in the first few weeks of taking it. After that, it's all you. Most people don't actually lose the weight when they stop taking bc, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you don't like this bc you could talk to your doctor and switch, there are a ton available these days. Good luck!