PCOS...visalus 90 day challenge

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has tried this Visalus Challenge, if is was good for their diet or if it made some of the symptoms worst?

If you don't know what this is I am posting the address to the youtube.com ad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJmqvDjzqYk

Thanks

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and doing Visalus and weight watchers. I haven't been as good as I should but this week have been!!
  • nothereanymore
    Options
    how long have you been doing the visalus?
  • shanerg70
    shanerg70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am using it. I'm also trying to combine WW with it, to help guide my meals & snacks. Been on it almost 3 weeks and have lost about 5 lbs. Some people are losing lots of wt. crazy fast, though I don't know how. I HAVE inquired about it. The answer I rec'd from my distributor was to make sure I was counting my calories and water, because I might not be eating enough. Enough? Yep. I found when I started tracking on here, that I was not consuming enough calories. So I'm not helping my body do anything but hang on to my flab. ;o) I'm sure they are also using the metabawake! pills too, which sounds like a thermogenic thing. I can't take those because I have tachycardia episodes once a year or so.

What symptoms are you referring to? I have acid reflux, my feet/ankles swell. No changes in those things. But I have noted that the shakes are helping me to not crave sweets and junk. I believe it's because the flavor of the base shake is sweet, rather than a grody protein shake flavor. Doesn't smell like it either, thank God!! I'm staying satisfied with my shake, water and snacks. THAT makes me happy! I like to add frozen fruit to my shake made w/ lite vanilla or choc. soymilk. But my fave is lite choc. soymilk + 1 tsp. PB2 + 1 tsp. SF/FF butterscotch pudding mix. OMG, it is soooooo good. This afternoon I stumbled upon another yummy combo of cranberry pomagranate juice+4oz mango passionfruit tahitian noni juice+ice and the shake mix. I just need to find a lite cranb. pom juice!

I do like the shakes. I like the simplicity and the possibilities of them. Gobs of diff. recipes....mixing w/ various milks, juices, foods, water... I don't feel limited.
  • nothereanymore
    Options
    I am talking about the symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, but my doctor and dietitian both don't think it is a good idea for me.
  • MrsAreal
    Options
    I've been doing ViSalus and the Body by Vi Challenge since November. I've been suffering from PCOS for several years now, with a lot of icky symptoms. Within a couple of weeks of starting the program, I was off metformin and no longer checking blood sugar. I'm happy to report that at my last doc appiontment, my doctor said I no longer have any symptoms (including blood work) that would merit a continued diagnosis of PCOS.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    OMG that is awesome news!!! SO happy for you! keep up the great work.