MFP and Facebook

2»

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Only one irl friend here, but I don't think she goes on the forums. What happens in chit-chat stays in chit-chat...
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Nah, I deleted Facebook. I eventually recreated it but only added my three best friends...just to make sure I wouldn't lose their contact.

I personally think MFP works way better specifically because you have no idea who any of these people actually are!

On Facebook, people wanted to portray a picturesque facade...perfect life, etc...you could never really vent, because well...those are your coworkers and like your mom.

I did try to recruit some IRL people to MFP because I thought they would like it and it would help them lose weight, but they quit. In retrospect...I'm glad.

I'm happier to say in my feed whatever I want without knowing the people. It's funny, though, because after some months you do sort of really know them anyway even though you're never going to meet them.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Instagram, yes. Facebook, no. I don't want people I don't know all that well privy to my personal life.

Too late.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    No, my FB is all friends and family...a lot of us are scattered all over the U.S. and abroad and we use FB to share pictures and whatnot of our goings on in life, kids, etc...My FB is way more personal.
  • Oh_Nikki34
    Oh_Nikki34 Posts: 37 Member
    I don't have facebook . I don't need drama or anyone trying to judge me for what I may or may not post. I keep my personal life private.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Nope I keep my mfp boyfriend/husband/ Doms private

• mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Where my myspace peeps at?

I miss MySpace.

I miss being able to greet people to my page with a loud rap song with explicit lyrics.

I had a cool background pic for MySpace and a Playlist widget. Links to charities I support, etc.
  • mcafton
    edited September 2017
    Nah, I deleted Facebook. I eventually recreated it but only added my three best friends...just to make sure I wouldn't lose their contact.

I personally think MFP works way better specifically because you have no idea who any of these people actually are!

On Facebook, people wanted to portray a picturesque facade...perfect life, etc...you could never really vent, because well...those are your coworkers and like your mom.

I did try to recruit some IRL people to MFP because I thought they would like it and it would help them lose weight, but they quit. In retrospect...I'm glad.

I'm happier to say in my feed whatever I want without knowing the people. It's funny, though, because after some months you do sort of really know them anyway even though you're never going to meet them.

My big gripe with Facebook is how hateful people's comments get, whether it's politics or news about a band or whatever, people talk so much crap. But you're right, you get to know people on here and it would be cool to check out their pics and stuff like that.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    mcafton wrote: »
    Do any of you all add or follow friends from here on Facebook?

No I don't have a Facebook account. Generally don't do social networking, but feel kind of okay with this fitness group.
  • mcafton
    Nope I keep my mfp boyfriend/husband/ Doms private

you serious?
  • Tencwhiskey
    Tencwhiskey Posts: 36 Member
    I have FB and you are all invited to visit