I'm a work in progress and lookin for friends!

Options
Kaleidoscopechameleon
Kaleidoscopechameleon Posts: 6 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Heeey! My name is Gwen, I am 32 and that number is catching up to me finally. Eek! My blood pressure (yay genetics!) has been a bit of a roller coaster lately with more highs than lows. I need to get that wrangled in before it gets more out of hand.

I had lost nearly 80lbs last year. I cheated and had taken prescription weightloss meds that worked like magic until I plateaued. After a few months off the meds I have gained 35 of that lost weight back and I gotta go at this the right way now. However, I need some direction on just how to do that. Any tips on keeping my blood pressure in check via exercise and recipes would be exorbitantly appreciated! Also, the push to stay motivated from like minded folk is always welcome. :D

Height - 5'1
Highest weight - 245lbs
Current weight - 195lbs
Goal weight - 140lbs (ish)

Replies

• Rose_Bal
    Rose_Bal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwen my name is Rose and I'm where you were the 245 I'll be happy to get down to 190 and I'll go from there. I'd love to get back down to my 135 but at my age it gets harder to take off lol (I'm 62 but don't look it at all I'm told lol) I've been back and forth on WW and it was really working for me but the $20 a month just isn't worth it to use their point system to me so I got the iTrackBites app for $3.99 (one time cost) and so far so good and has the same point system as WW plus I'm using MyFitnessPal here. I'm 5'6 I live in Tennessee I'll glad send you a friend request.
  • shannonwaters2395
    shannonwaters2395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi Gwen! Im Shan (30 this year) and super new on here! Im not much help with tips- i'm trying simply slight kj/calorie restriction to slowly lose ... 10kg/ I dont know maybe 30 pounds ish?? My weight has been creeping up and im motivated to kick it's butt back to a healthy range! Ive tried Counting Calories before and hated it, not lasting past three days, but im enjoying it this time because I am motivated. Im not logging exercise on purpose, I dont want to have the excuse "I can eat more because I ran today!" :)
  • Kaleidoscopechameleon
    Kaleidoscopechameleon Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Rose_Bal wrote: »
    Hi Gwen my name is Rose and I'm where you were the 245 I'll be happy to get down to 190 and I'll go from there. I'd love to get back down to my 135 but at my age it gets harder to take off lol (I'm 62 but don't look it at all I'm told lol) I've been back and forth on WW and it was really working for me but the $20 a month just isn't worth it to use their point system to me so I got the iTrackBites app for $3.99 (one time cost) and so far so good and has the same point system as WW plus I'm using MyFitnessPal here. I'm 5'6 I live in Tennessee I'll glad send you a friend request.

From the pic I can see, you certainly don't look your age! Woo! I am told I don't look older than 25 and I will take that any day and hope that it follows my through my aging haha. I lost a lot of weight really fast and now have a little loose skin to figure out how to handle before I can't do anything about it. Also, I am going to check out that iTrackBites you mentioned. Thank you for the reply and the add! Wish you well in your weightloss adventure! We got this!
  • Kaleidoscopechameleon
    Options
    Hi Gwen! Im Shan (30 this year) and super new on here! Im not much help with tips- i'm trying simply slight kj/calorie restriction to slowly lose ... 10kg/ I dont know maybe 30 pounds ish?? My weight has been creeping up and im motivated to kick it's butt back to a healthy range! Ive tried Counting Calories before and hated it, not lasting past three days, but im enjoying it this time because I am motivated. Im not logging exercise on purpose, I dont want to have the excuse "I can eat more because I ran today!" :)

Motivation sure makes a difference in liking what you are doing and making it easier to achieve your goal. I am determined to get my bp in check, to not be so tired everyday, to not only look better but feel much better in general. Excuses are entirely too easy to succumb to but I am trying my hardest to be a good girl this time around. I am watching my sodium, eating bp friendly and reducing foods, keeping an eye on my calories but not being too terribly strict and about to start my regime of stretching and elliptical workout nearly every day. We got this!
  • DarrenD54
    DarrenD54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Gwen, im Darren and am also using prescription and had platoed as well. But it sure kicks off the lbs when you first start them!