1200 calories!

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I eat close to 2000 and am losing about 2kg a week without fail. It's almost 1/2kg a day for me.

Try Keto. You may find it's better, more filling & actually less hard work

• Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Im on 1200 and im coming up 4 weeks. I generally find it fine. The first 7-10 days was the hardest. I had headaches and felt slightly light headed on occasion because i was cutting out sugar and carbs.

I find its all about playing around with food to find what works for you. Do begin with i just had oatmeal for breakfast or a smoothie. Lunch would be a fritatta, eggs, or salad. Dinner meat/veges. Always this with some varieties. Ive found im ok to have carbs for one meal so i might have eggs on toast or potato one day for dinner and im still losing weight.

Ive also figured out having a coffee and apple at 11am holds me off until lunch then afternoon tea ill have a slightly bigger snack.
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1200 seems like so little when you first begin because lets face it, Lord knows how many we were eating before. But what I am choosing to do right now in my first week, is to stay on the 1200 and let my body FEEL the difference. And after 5 days in I am certainly feeling it! But I am beginning to realize what it truly feels like to be hungry and that is HUGE for me. We're all going to do this differently and different things work and motivate different people.
  • Gzuschick
    Options
    Pepsab wrote: »
    Im on 1200 and im coming up 4 weeks. I generally find it fine. The first 7-10 days was the hardest. I had headaches and felt slightly light headed on occasion because i was cutting out sugar and carbs.

I find its all about playing around with food to find what works for you. Do begin with i just had oatmeal for breakfast or a smoothie. Lunch would be a fritatta, eggs, or salad. Dinner meat/veges. Always this with some varieties. Ive found im ok to have carbs for one meal so i might have eggs on toast or potato one day for dinner and im still losing weight.

Ive also figured out having a coffee and apple at 11am holds me off until lunch then afternoon tea ill have a slightly bigger snack.

• Gzuschick
    Options
    Yes!!! First two weeks is killer!!! Lol It does get get better after your body stops revolting and accepts the change.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request so you could see my diary. I also put my favorite things to make within the 1200 calorie limit.
    I did forget to mention that my favorite snack is hard boiled egg whites. (I don't like the yoke so it is perfect for me) If you do like the yokes, one hard boiled egg is still under 100 calories.
    I always have some Lean Cuisine - No Preservative freezer meals in the freezer, just in case I don't feel like cooking. It is a great option in those just in case moments.
    Breakfast for dinner is also a quick option. Cereal, Scrambled Eggs, Omlette with veggies.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would suggest asking for friends on MFP that have similar goals. It is fun and you can get a lot of ideas from other peoples food logs.
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My meal plan currently looks like this, which is roughly 1100-1200 cals:

Breakfast: 200 cal meal replacement
    Snack: greek yogurt & fruit (berries, grapes)
    Lunch: Spinach, berries, rf feta, grilled chicken - grilled chicken seasoned well gives salad enough flavor that I don't need dressing, and this was a HUGE change for me!
    Snack: protein bar
    Dinner: 4 oz protein (grilled chicken), steamed veggies, 1 carb serving, such as 1/3 cup brown rice

I've been pretty hungry by bedtime since transitioning to this, so I need to maybe push dinner time back a bit, but otherwise, it's plenty of food.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1240 -this really pushes me to work out so that I can get a few more calories to enjoy during the day! I usually eat greek yogurt with blueberries & chia seeds for breakfast, lunch is usually a healthy choice frozen meal, soup or leftovers from dinner the night before. Dinner varies - I cook my normal meals, I just make sure my portion fits in my calorie needs. Snacks during the day are fruits and veggies (I find if I do anything else it really pushes my meals down to an amount that is not going to fill me up). I also usually have an evening snack - I love Outshine frozen fruit pops - 35 calories and I can eat them slowly and feel indulgent :) It was hard at first to figure out what I could eat and still be under the calorie restriction but it only took a couple of days to make tweaks. I can say I'm rarely hungry - if I am it's from boredom, not actual hunger. Drink lots of water!!! I'm down 5 pounds in 3 weeks so I feel like I'm at a good pace at the calories MFP set for me.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Shredded ice cold romaine lettuce with nice salt and a few drops of lemon juice - have as a side dish with everything, virtually no cals

Mushrooms are also very low in cals, add them. I like them grilled
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was at 1280 for 2 months. I'm taking a break from it (and the 2 lbs. loss per week) and doing 1 lb. per week since I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks. But I did lose, and from working out I could eat more calories. Some of foods that I would recommend would be vegetables--they have very low calories and are filling. A salad with chicken if you do not add oil (or much of it) could work for a good lunch or dinner. For breakfast I would eat either oatmeal with a couple of pecans and berries, and an egg, OR a smoothie of almond milk, peanuts, banana and cocoa, approx. 300 calories. Lots of water is important. Another lower calorie snack that would go a long way was hummus and either carrots or celery (or both). I also relied on fresh fish, generally low calorie, with a vegetable and/or a carb (pasta, rice or potato). I found there was no room for junk food. I really had to include whole foods that would give me good nutrition. As long as I planned ahead it was fine. If I substituted a junk food/treat then I got into trouble. The high calorie/low nutrient would screw me up for the day--I'd feel hungry.
  • anntasiab
    anntasiab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and eat around 1200-1300 calories a day. I usually go more toward 1300 because I still breastfeed my 1.5 year old at bedtime. I shop around for the lowest calories in stuff. So I get turkey sausage, turkey bacon, light syrup, etc. And of the light stuff, I make sure I get the lightest. Like I was just buying light Italian dressing the other day. The first bottle I grabbed was 2 tbs at 40 calories. I kept looking at different brands and found one that was 2 tbs at 15 calories, so that's the one I bought. I also try to go with one serving of whatever it is I am eating. I measure out my 3/4 cup of cereal, and measure 0.5 cup skim milk. I also bought a food scale, to be more precise. It's tedious, but it becomes routine. Boxed and frozen foods seem to have more calories, so I try to avoid those. I get diet sodas (0 calories) and make sure to stay hydrated. Staying on top of your thirst will prevent you from eating when you're not truly hungry. But to get specific, I'll give you an example day:

-Breakfast-
    1 egg = 70 calories
    2 oz turkey sausage = 120 calories
    iced coffee:
    3/4 cup gevalia concentrate = 15 calories
    3/4 cup fat free milk = 60 calories
    2 tbsp fat free french vanilla creamer = 30 calories

-Snack-
    1 Greek yogurt = 80 calories

-Lunch-
    grilled cheese:
    2 slices multigrain bread = 90 calories
    1 slice light cheese =25 calories
    1.5 tbsp light butter = 52 calories
    2 cups watermelon = 92 calories

-Snack-
    1 string cheese = 80 calories
    medium banana = 110 calories

-Dinner-
    4 oz chicken breast = 187 calories
    1.5 cup blanched broccoli = 80 calories
    cheese garlic biscuit = 160 calories

-Snack-
    light ice cream bar = 90 calories

All that totals to 1,261 calories, and then I have some calories filled in from drinking my drink mix, which is 5 calories per serving.
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You work your butt off to get your TDEE up to 1800-2200 and maintain a 500-750 calories from that