Help, I'm hungry.

Options
janedoedont
janedoedont Posts: 11 Member
edited September 2017 in Motivation and Support
Man, I dunno if it is just me or all this bike riding, but I'm so freaking hungry all the time!! And when I'm hungry and busy at work I'll grab what I can eat and run at the same time (looking at you tater tots!!!) However, I feel like this is working against what I've been working towards. I don't want to eat candy for lunch and dinner but my job doesn't really allow me a break. Especially when we are balls to the wall, everyone in the weeds, and my closing server is crying in the bathroom. I really don't know what to do. I pack my food daily still, but I just don't have time to eat it.

Are there any other over-worked restaurant managers out there with words of wisdom?

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I found I was getting pretty hungry so I bought a box of high protein Cliff bars at Cost-co. They're 280 calories a bar, so I nibble one throughout the day. It's helping a lot to keep me from getting hungry, and has 20 grams of protein. I think per bar its about 40 cents. Individually they cost a lot more.
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Caffeine helps curb appetite, coffee, green tea bag in a water bottle, whatever you prefer. I've been drinking out of a 1 L bottle and I've noticed I drink so much more water now vs when I drank out of a 16 oz. Maybe glucomannan would help, idk, haven't tried it but I'm considering it. Also, when I'm 'dying' of hunger and my world starts crashing but it's not meal time yet, if I have like 6 macadamia nuts, I'm good in like 10 minutes. Best of luck!