Options

Replies

• supernormal6
    supernormal6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    how tall are you?

I'm 6'0" and my highest was 275. I'm terrified of lose skin and stretch marks if I get to my goal of 170.

I'm 6ft tall as well. Right of the bat let me tell you that whatever loose skin I have left at the end of my transformation I'm way better off than when I was obese and couldn't find clothes that fit.

I suggest you stick to weight training and a high protein diet so you can fill out your skin with muscle mass. That was my approach, little to no cardio other than some light walking to and from the gym.

alright, that's what I'm doing now. Damn I would kill to look like you when I get to 170. Here's hoping.

Hopefully you'll look even better!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

I'm 6'0" and my highest was 275. I'm terrified of lose skin and stretch marks if I get to my goal of 170.

I'm 6ft tall as well. Right of the bat let me tell you that whatever loose skin I have left at the end of my transformation I'm way better off than when I was obese and couldn't find clothes that fit.

I suggest you stick to weight training and a high protein diet so you can fill out your skin with muscle mass. That was my approach, little to no cardio other than some light walking to and from the gym.

alright, that's what I'm doing now. Damn I would kill to look like you when I get to 170. Here's hoping.

Hopefully you'll look even better!

nah, you've got more hair than me, so you're already a step ahead.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    @supernormal6 At what point did you start weight training during your weight loss journey? When you had lost all the weight you wanted, or earlier in the process? Thanks
  • parkabe11
    parkabe11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really impressive bf reduction considering little cardio. Can you share some details about your weight training routine (heavy weights, body weight exercises, etc)? Congrats bro, incredible transformation!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! Truly inspirational!!! Be proud of those battle scars. Like you said, you've fought the battle each day for the last two years. Astonishing. You are going to motivate a lot of people. Congrats, man!
  • Yossiph
    Yossiph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow great job man
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This made my night!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

It's mostly genetics. But, by losing fat slowly but consistently your skin may be able to shrink with you (skin does regrow itself, albeit slowly). Stay hydrated and use lotion (how every woman avoids stretch marks and saggy skin when pregnant - Utter Cream!!!! Seriously). I lost almost 150lbs and while I have some saggy belly skin, I don't have a turkey neck - I didn't choose where the saggy skin ended up, I just got lucky.
  • joannastanmfp
    joannastanmfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Damn!
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jaw dropping!! You look amazing, and you nailed it when you said every day we make a choice. That the information is out there, we have no excuses. Well done.
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dude, oh my!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great transformation, thank you for not retouching the pic.
  • CharGillott
    CharGillott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ioj7tmf7vf8j.jpg

So it's been 2 years since the day I decided to take action and change my life. What you see here today is not the result of the decision I made on that day, but the result of the many decisions I've made on a daily basis since that moment. That's the secret behind a transformation like the one above.

Everyday we make the choice to move forward, go back, or stay in the same place. There were many times where I failed, but as long as your wins are more than your losses you'll come out on top.

The body I have today is what I expected to have by the end of the first year, but along the way I learned the true cost of each step in my evolution. I decided not to edit this picture in any way other than color and lighting in order to give a real expectation for someone interested in making a similar transformation.

Yes, I have stretch marks, scars, and wrinkles where my skin is still loose because of the abuse it took while I was obese. But these are battle scars I show with pride because they remind me of who I was and how far I've come.

I hope this serves as inspiration for anyone in a similar situation. I did this on my own, without the aid of any trainers, nutritionists, or doctors. Without the need for special medication or invasive procedures. All the information you need to do it yourself is available online and it is free. There's no excuses.

That is inspiration.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing.
  • 1FrankieFan
    1FrankieFan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Well said (and done).
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    WOW. Amazing work! Thank you for posting, seriously.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Bow
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!