Interstitial Cystitis and Digestion Issues with Whole Foods

Options
I just signed up for this program. I am 55, and am having serious difficulty losing weight. Some medications I am on cause weight gain. On my own, I have only lost four pounds in three months. I need help and encouragement. I walk an hour a day. Starting Tuesday, I will be adding strength training to my routine five days a week.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Fat loss doesn't require eating whole foods or exercise - it requires a calorie deficit. So log everything you eat, after weighing it on a digital food scale, since most people underestimate calorie content. For other fat loss tips, read the top sticky post here and in the Getting Started forum. :+1:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    "I am not able to walk very fast because I have arthritis in basically every joint, especially my knees. I have to break it up into two 30-minute walks--one in the morning and one in the evening. An hour at a time is too much on my hip joints. " - additional data posted separately
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Walking an hour a day is good, 2 * 30 minutes. Should be able to get in 6-8000 steps or something similar in that time.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    IC and digestive issues will not prevent weight loss. I should know. You simply have to find the foods that work well for you and track them, making sure to stay within your calorie range. If you need food ideas for the IC, let me know, though I will say that through pelvic floor PT and instills I have been able to add a lot back in the last year.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale if you have not done so already to weigh your foods carefully. They can be purchased at Target or Walmart or Amazon.

Also this might be helpful:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1