More Details

I am not able to walk very fast because I have arthritis in basically every joint, especially my knees. I have to break it up into two 30-minute walks--one in the morning and one in the evening. An hour at a time is too much on my hip joints.

Replies

• boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    So....what do you need more details for?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    see previous post I guess
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    I have Arthritis in my hips and knees. I have found using hiking poles enables me to walk further as it relieves the stress on the joints. I also find that to keep moving although painful also helps to keep me mobile. I have reduced my painkillers over the months and am managing on a lot less than when I was first diagnosed.

I am one of the lucky ones, relatively speaking, as I have Osteoarthritis which responds well to physio and drugs. So depending on which Arthritis you have can effect your range of movement. I have good days and bad, sometimes very bad.

However if you are overweight and looking to lose weight (which I am) then all you need is to put your stats in this app and stick to a calorie deficit. Walking is good for you of course, but how many calories you are eating is what will count in the long run for weight loss.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    I'm confused but you don't need to start walking fast. You just need to start walking be it once, twice or three times a day. You can also do simple things like taking a lap around your house to go the bathroom and just waking up and down the hallway if outside us too much.