Zumba shoe recommendations

Options
Hi I've tried dance shoes that don't fit my feet well and I need more Christian and the ability to put in my orthotics. I'd like to try to find a shoe that feels comfortable in doing dance moves but that gives the structure and support of the normal athletic shoe but allows that twisty pivot action. I did just see you some little slip on overshoe fabric covers and I was wondering possibly if anybody had any experience with those that I could just wear over a regular athletic shoe. Thanks in advance for your feedback--Jillita

Replies

• barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The shoes my instructor have are very supportive around the ankle. So finding a shoe that offers support. I've also seen a lot of people use Zumba sleeves for their shoes that help protect their ankles and make it easier to slide around. You should check out your options with those considerations. I have started using some shoes that were recommended for cross fit and they helped protect my feet considerably!
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Ryka Graffic cross trainers. They tend to be a narrow shoe and go up to a US 10.5 and maybe 11 and 12's. They were a bit sticky on the gym floor for a while until broken in.