Hummus addict

Options
I think I'm addicted to hummus. I have 3 different types in the house. Is it bad to eat hummus everyday? I eat the serving size once a day at different meals as a dip for chicken or veg. I'm still losing weight (lots of it) but I don't know if I would lose even more if I cut out hummus. I don't feel it is that bad for me. Is it?

Replies

• QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's hummus, not crack...

If it fits your calories and macros, you're fine!

Lol okay thank you

• Patsycervantes
    Patsycervantes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am loosing weight and humus is a staple in my meals. It has low calories and its filling. Plus has protein. I say love it and enjoy it! I too always have more then 1 going in my house (kids love it too)
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am loosing weight and humus is a staple in my meals. It has low calories and its filling. Plus has protein. I say love it and enjoy it! I too always have more then 1 going in my house (kids love it too)

My fave is the garlic one, but I just love it so much I could eat it with everything! I try to limit it to one meal per day tho :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    Bad thing about hummus is it's pretty high cal. 80 calories for a small portion. I love the Boar's Head garlic though.

I started making it myself for a while there - it goes bad quickly when I make my own, but it's really yummy.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hummus is quite healthy though.
    The fiber is great. Protein is fantastic.
    Keep on rockin it.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've had 7 different kinds of hummus in the house at once. There was a time in my life when, due to stress, working long, hard hours, and exhaustion had me mostly living off of hummus and pretzels.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories, not a problem. The only issue is that it is very high on calories, so you mind end up eating a ton of calories and still filling hungry.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I bought a food processor and I now make my own. Worth the $90.
  • papercut2k
    papercut2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know your pain TC. I just bought two of the big tubs of Cedars Garlic Hummus because I go through them too quickly and I can only get them at Whole Foods which is a long drive away. I usually have two - four servings of it daily with veggies. Yes, that's 80 - 120 calories but it balances out with the heap of carrot sticks, celery, cucumbers and tomatoes which have very little calories I eat as a snack.

I can only eat raw veggies with either hummus or creamy salad dressing. So yeah, it's the lesser of two evils..
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I love it. I take an individual serving in my lunch every day and eat it with sliced red, yellow and orange peppers. I feel bad that I only have two kinds. :smiley:
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hummus is better than mayonnaise! ☺️
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I like Oasis Tomato bruschetta hummus and it's 35 cal for 2 tbsp!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's an excellent addition to sandwiches. I like the garlic ones and the flavor is strong enough so that I can use about 1/2 a tbsp. It's also good mixed with canned tuna instead of mayo.

Or, mix it with water until it's soupy and use it as a salad dressing.