Hi!!

Options
Hey guys!

I am not really new. I am in my late twenties and need to lose probably 60-70 lbs. I have tried this before but never stuck with it. I am determined to lose weight. Do any of you have any suggestions? I can be a picky eater at times and so its sometimes hard to eat right. Any suggestions on how others have lost the weight would be great!

Have a good weekend!
-K.

Replies

• vonveganstein
    vonveganstein Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know the feeling of not sticking with it. I too am going to stick with it this time. feel free to add me if you like and have an open diary . Anyone can add me, I am a vegan aka Plant based. No longer do the SAD diet...Standard American Diet.
  • Sobeckja
    Sobeckja Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's simple. Not easy. I just lost 90 lbs at age 54. No special diet. Except no alcohol, small portions. Cut out any fast food and essentially any restaurant food. Oh, move, move, move. Walking, then elliptical, the, rower then jogging 3 miles per day.
    Hint, use small plates. No seconds. Lots of fruits.
  • kh08
    kh08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So, Sobeckja is exactly right. It is so very simple. It just ain't easy!!!!!

You asked for advice....so here is some:

*if you have not already done so, then spend the next week tracking everything that you eat (serving size is key)
    *once you have that data, you are in a really strong position
    *determine your goal (to loose 60-70lbs)
    *determine your time frame for accomplishing your goal
    *determine your plan of action
    ---nutrition
    ---training
    *determine your landmarks
    ---bigger goals broken down into smaller goals are - for me, anyway - a very effective way of doing things
    *hook up with someone to be your accountability partner (easier to do things if you are held accountable)

Mind-set is key. Adherence is crucial.

Does your plan of action look like it is something that you can do long-term? Are you specifically planning on doing something that you strongly dislike? Are you specifically cutting things out that you truly enjoy?

Have you considered Flexible Dieting? Have you considered Intermittent Fasting? These two things are super helpful to me. But, we are all different.....you may not like either at all.

Have you had someone look at your plan? So, not sure if you are male of female....so, have you had your "SO" look at this plan?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So, what is super important is to know where you are right now. Thus, my suggestion to start tracking everything right now....for the next week (or so). Do not change anything. Maintain status quo. Good, bad or indifferent. Just continue with your current status quo.

Why is this important? Success often stems from making small changes over time. I am a huge fan of progression. In order to make small changes you need to know where you are with respect to several things:

1. caloric intake
    2. proteins
    3. carbs
    4. fats
    5. activity (be it weight training, swimming, walking, jogging, whatever it might be)

This - where you are right now - will dictate YOUR starting point. So, for example, if you are a 6'2" @ 285lb male and you are eating 2,400 calories a day and get no exercise that is a decidedly different effort vs eating 3,200 calories a day and exercising 90 minutes (heavy weight training) every day.

What would be of additional interest is your breakdown of macros. And, how you respond. Some folks respond very well to carbs. And some folks blow up if they have 1g over 150g (or whatever the number might be).

Just some things to consider.