How I lost 60 lbs in 12 months

Options
hfsperez
hfsperez Posts: 1,173 Member
Journey started back on May 8th 2016, at a weighing of 226.4lbs. Looked in the mirrored and did not like how I was looking each day. Started doing cardio each day 5 days a week and drinking lots of water each day at a gallon of water minimum. Continued to hit the gym for 1 hour a day and then when I hit my 6 month journey bumped up the gym time to 2 hours a day. Best decision I made so far. Was able to get down to 167.8 lbs. Cut out all red meat, bread, soda, junk goodies and eating out. For 12 months straight. Best decision and completely felt better after 3 months into the journey. Today I'm able to maintain a solid weigh of 174 to 179 lbs each day week over week and building solid muscle each day. What I thought once was a joke it's a lifestyle for me now. 16 months into this journey. Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it and have plenty of patience.

Replies

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you could share your alternative dieting strategy a small list of foods Id appreciate it!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story friend. I see the hard work and dedication you put in everyday and your hard work has paid off!

Keep going strong and congrats!!!
  • Matt151288mfp
    Matt151288mfp Posts: 37 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    hfsperez wrote: »
    Thank you. List of food was simple to start it was all chicken, salmon, tilapia, salads no dressing added lemon instead, protein shakes and quest bars, added rice cakes to the mix, and a gallon of water or more each day for the first 6 months each day.
    You could of done this transformation without been so strict and letting your self have those nice foods as it all boils down to calories and a deficit for fat loss but that been said you do feel much better and more alive when eating so called clean ...excellent transformation tho mate I'm on my own journey to started at 15 stone 10 lbs back in October when I was diagnosed type 1 diabetic but couldn't do gym etc so was prettty sedentary for few months but I lost weight very slowly from then till around April then I was able to start gym as I found how to control my blood sugars been losing steady 1lb per week and I'm 13 stone 4lbs atm...still a good 12 lbs from my goal tho go away in 11 weeks tho so hoping to hit 12 stone 7lbs then :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!