Peeing .... alot!!!

Options
Does peeing alot have anything to do with losing weight??? I have not increased my fluid intake and its a rescent observation just wonderd if anyone else has this or knows the answer??? Thanks

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,568 Member
    Options
    Too little information. Did you change your diet, your salt intake, the amount of calories significantly? Have you been bedbound, on a flight or did TOM just pass recently? If neither of these I would not post on forums but consult a doctor. Peeing can be a sign of diabetes. Or a urinary trackt infection.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I pee a lot more when I am losing weight, I'm also cold all the time!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I agree. If you have no Urinary tract infection or have your blood sugar levels checked and-
    If you are not overdoing with the water intake, than your excessive urination is an excellent sign that you are losing weight.
    Your liver is detoxing and using stored glycogen to fuel your body. It is also an indication your body is using up your fat stores. :):)

Despite the inconvenience, I would say it's a win/win lovely!
    Keep going, but ensure you drink at least 12 standard glasses of water daily.
    This will ensure hydration and flushing the liver.
    Well done!
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    You may also be getting more hydration from juicy fruits and veggies, even if you aren't drinking more. If you're eating healthier perhaps your food contains more moisture.
  • BeRyce69
    BeRyce69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you drink coffee it will make you pee a lot. I use to get cold a lot but it was because I was dropping weight.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    lisachuter wrote: »
    Does peeing alot have anything to do with losing weight??? I have not increased my fluid intake and its a rescent observation just wonderd if anyone else has this or knows the answer??? Thanks

Check the color of your urine. If it's clear or almost clear, then you're drinking/taking in too much fluid.

Ask your doctor to check you for a urinary tract infection if you're worried.