fitness tapes

As i was working out to one of my favorite aerobics tapes today (it is about 15 yrs old but one of my favorites) i was thinking maybe it was time to buy a new one. My husband thinks i have an addiction to fitness tapes/dvd's as i really do have a lot of them. I like the fact that when i get bored with one i can do a different one. I think they are hard to buy though as you don't know what you are getting until you try them. Some of my favorite ones i bought at garage sales where some of my new ones i don't care for.

Anyway, this got me to wondering if there was someone else like me out there (with an over abundance of fitness tapes/dvd's) who would maybe be interested in trying a swap. I have not figured out all the bugs yet, but i thought every 6 weeks or so might be nice. I mail you one, you mail me one...and we keep swapping. Pros - get to see if you like a certain tape that you may want to purchase elsewhere; Always a rotating workout. Cons - Not sure how i feel giving out my name and address (PO Box?); may not get a tape/dvd back.

Just an idea, would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.....

Replies

• lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    As i was working out to one of my favorite aerobics tapes today (it is about 15 yrs old but one of my favorites) i was thinking maybe it was time to buy a new one. My husband thinks i have an addiction to fitness tapes/dvd's as i really do have a lot of them. I like the fact that when i get bored with one i can do a different one. I think they are hard to buy though as you don't know what you are getting until you try them. Some of my favorite ones i bought at garage sales where some of my new ones i don't care for.

Anyway, this got me to wondering if there was someone else like me out there (with an over abundance of fitness tapes/dvd's) who would maybe be interested in trying a swap. I have not figured out all the bugs yet, but i thought every 6 weeks or so might be nice. I mail you one, you mail me one...and we keep swapping. Pros - get to see if you like a certain tape that you may want to purchase elsewhere; Always a rotating workout. Cons - Not sure how i feel giving out my name and address (PO Box?); may not get a tape/dvd back.

Just an idea, would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.....
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I have a few old ones that take VHS but my VHS doesn't work. I haven't had the heart to give them away because the toning one is really really good specially for ab work. Then there is one for stretching and a little toning and yoga in it I think. Then the last is more aerobic and toning. All 3 are like and hour long. I don't have much of a collection really.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    This is a good thought and you might want to give it more thought as you brought up a good point. What if you sent me your favorite tape and it broke inside my tape machine?? I'd feel horrible and you'd lose your fav forever. I know what you mean though about not being able to try them out. I bought two tapes from THE FIRM group about 10 years ago and I LOVE THEM. In December I bought another one, not knowing, and you could not tell from the picture, that I needed to have the step they sell. We don't have that in our town so I'm improvising. I don't love it as much. The thing about tapes and DVD's is that once you open them, you can't usually return them. I check them out at the library, borrow from friends, watch the ads on tv, look up reviews, and then try to get them cheaper in town or on eBay or something like that. Thanks for thinking of us. :flowerforyou:
  • You can stop buying fitness dvd's altogether...just get Netflix...they have a huge catalog of fitness DVD's direct to your house...you've seen the commercials...and it works just that way.
    It's so easy, memberships are cheap, and you can try all the classics and trendy new DVD's as they come out.
    Then you can actually try them before you buy them!
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Netflix is a great idea! I think I'm going to have to sign up. I keep trying to try out fitness videos from the library, but 9 out of 10 are scratched or otherwise not in working order when I try them out. It is so frustrating!!! I always tell the library, but that makes me wonder why the last people did not tell them and there are so many that are not in working order on the shelves? Do you ever run into that problem with Netflix?