I have eaten my way to diabetes! HELP!!

Options
This is my third time this year starting over. I could really use some friends/motivation. I have gained 50lbs this year and now have diabetes. I'm 42 years old and not nearly ready to throw in the towel. My goal is to get healthy enough to get off theses meds!

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Feel free to add me :)
  • youngestsluggof17
    Options
    You can add me. I'm a type 2 diabetic who let my diet and blood sugars get out of control. I'm trying to use greek yogurt in more recipes because it doesn't have a lot of carbs.
  • pookiebear5705
    pookiebear5705 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me on SnapChat @ FutureGods57, I'm 27 years old and currently 431lbs. My heaviest was 475lbs but i just started about a month ago and yes it is definitely difficult If you don't have any support. I'm currently going to be logging in my weight and workouts and hopefully gain some motivational supporters as well as me motivating other people.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Check out the groups - there's a diabetic support group on MFP with some great people in it.

I was diagnosed with type 2 in December of last year. My A1c at that time was 11. Since then I have lost 70 lbs, gotten off all meds but metformin, and my most recent A1c was 4.9. You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kMitchell402
    kMitchell402 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I have been gestational diabetic twice which at times turn into diabetes if one's lifestyle isn't changed. To be honest I can see myself there in a few years if I dont turn things around. We can motivate each other.