Acne

Options
Since I started exercising I feel like I an going through puberty again. I am washing my face twice as much, but I starting have acne on my chin. I never had acne as a teenager. Anyone have any suggestions I am currently using Garnier skin renew brusher gel-cleanser, then Skin renew face massager, skin renew anti-puff eye roller and anti-wrinkle firming night cream. I have used this reigime for the year and a half with good results.............. Any suggestions????????????

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I tend to get it during the first couple of month of sweating nicely everyday but it usually goes away after I clean out my pores with all that sweating! I use acne wash- offbrand Clean and Clear scrub- and apply aloe every time I wash my face. I don't know if this will help, but it's what's working for me.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I find as I am losing weight I break out every now and then. I am thinking it might be "stuff" that was stored in my fat that is now getting released into my body. I make sure to drink a ton of water. One of my friends posted something along like this '" as you lose weight the toxins are released into your body, you want to make sure you drink plenty of water. think of your body as a toilette and you are flushing away all of the nasty stuff" so now i drink a ton of water because all I can think about is this gross stuff in my body. lol

I use garnier tripple wash, it is a face wash, face scrub, and can be used as a mask. I also use their hydrating cream gel.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I too saw an increase in acne for the first two months. I also washed more frequently and had to dial it back. I now wash it just twice a day and it has gone away. I don't know if my body adjusted to the sweat or if it's because I cut back on the scrubbing but my skin is clearer now.
    Funny side note the banner on the right - - -> is for AcneFree as I type. I know it always changes but I think it's funny. lol
  • makemetinyplz
    Options
    if you get hott durring your workouts, try working out in front of a fan. If you still break out, try using proactiv or clearasil. :)
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    Me too! I switched to some acne scrub but its not helping!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I had breakouts for a quite a few months also. Don't know if they lessened with time, or maybe 'cause I changed a few things up. I drink alot more water now, and I think that is my biggest helper. Also, as soon as I finish my exercise, I wipe my face off with a wet wipe, (more specifically Kleenex Splash n Go), then wash my face after 10 minutes, which is about how long I perspire after a workout. And I use a buff pad about three times a week.
  • stephqj
    stephqj Posts: 20
    Options
    Washing too much will make your skin overreact and produce too much oil. Don't overscrub. You'll make it worse. Also, as you change the muscle to fat ration, and especially if you're increasing muscle mass, you'll have a higher testosterone level, which will make your skin more prone to breakouts. Lots and lots of water is great advice. Make sure you remove any makeup before you work out, too.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I too saw an increase in acne for the first two months. I also washed more frequently and had to dial it back. I now wash it just twice a day and it has gone away. I don't know if my body adjusted to the sweat or if it's because I cut back on the scrubbing but my skin is clearer now.
    Funny side note the banner on the right - - -> is for AcneFree as I type. I know it always changes but I think it's funny. lol

haha mine was too. i was reading a post earlier about running shoes and the ad was for running shoes. i think MFP is getting smart with their ads.
  • ApproachingDusk
    Options
    I have very sensitive skin and get acne all the time because it gets easily irritated. I've found that washing my face too often will make me break out. I will only shower once a day so I have to get my workouts in early, but pre workout I will wipe my face with water, then wash as normal when I shower.

I also have figured out that I have food/skin "allergies", nuts, nut oils, sesame seeds/oil, wheat germ, brown rice, and too much dairy will make me break out painfully.

Give it a month or so and if it doesn't abate then maybe start looking on what your eating and it might have something to do with food.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You do want to make sure you're not washing too much and with stuff that's too abrasive. That can strip away the skin's natural moisture, causing it to overproduce. I suffer from acne sometimes, too. You want to couple your cleanser with a moisturizer (sounds counter productive, I know), of the same brand. It really doesn't matter a whole lot which brand, but the brands are made to work together. If you have one cleanser and another moisturizer, those may not work well together on your face. So stick to one brand.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options

haha mine was too. i was reading a post earlier about running shoes and the ad was for running shoes. i think MFP is getting smart with their ads.

those types of adds scan the information on the page to give you relevant ads. Google does the same thing. It is pretty creepy sometimes, though.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    After working out, I just wash my face with water. No facial wash or anything. It is possible to wash your skin too much, as others have mentioned. Try just using water to wash it post-workout.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I agree, too much washing can be counter productive. I only use water and exfoliate every 3 days or so, to get rid of dead skin.

It could also, conincidentally, be an age related hormonal thing? I used Oil of Evening primrose to balance hormones, which I swear by.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • memieof3
    memieof3 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I will definitety look into what I am using, how often, even diet. So thank you all much.:smile: