I look like an egg on legs: looking for apple-shaped friends

Options
Hi!
I'm a European lady; generally happy, motivated and a positive thinker. Except for one thing: My dreaded apple-shape. So far I've lost almost 30 pounds (a bit over 10 before I joined MFP) and I still need to lose about 80 more. While everything is going well, my belly does not seem to shrink as much as the rest of me. It's always been a problem, my whole life.
I would like to add some friends (all ages/nationalities) who have been dealt this unfair hand as well. Maybe we can find some understanding and motivation together. If this sounds like you, then please add me :-)

Replies

• mrmz
    mrmz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    May I join? Almost 40 woman in US. Somehow gained 15 pounds in a year and am now 30 lbs overweight. Have to change this momentum! Mostly in my waist.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! People think I'm smaller than I am then I turn sideways and I look pregnant :( it's terrible and I hear its the last thing to go!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    same boat, i look slimmer but my waist is refusing to go below 41" at the moment! thing is a look pretty slim as slim arms and legs! friend me :)
  • victorias36
    victorias36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I wear regular size in my pants and plus size in shirts. I call my shape, golf ball on a tee!! You can add me!!
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I always say, "I'm a potato with legs"! Let's be friends! Haha
  • NelwynnValala
    NelwynnValala Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    mrmz wrote: »
    May I join? Almost 40 woman in US. Somehow gained 15 pounds in a year and am now 30 lbs overweight. Have to change this momentum! Mostly in my waist.

Sure! The more the merrier :-)

• NelwynnValala
    Options
    Wiggymommy wrote: »
    I'm the same way! People think I'm smaller than I am then I turn sideways and I look pregnant :( it's terrible and I hear its the last thing to go!

OMG, yes, the dreaded sideways turn. From the front I look pretty nice if I say so myself, but the sideway-view always shocks even me, and I've known I look like this for god knows how long, hahaha

• NelwynnValala
    Options
    same boat, i look slimmer but my waist is refusing to go below 41" at the moment! thing is a look pretty slim as slim arms and legs! friend me :)

My waist measurement is the only thing that isn't moving. But the rest is, so the difference is even more pronounced now. :-0
  • NelwynnValala
    Options
    I carry my extra weight evenly and everywhere -- from my cankles to my many chins. It's everywhere. I am somewhat cylindrical. My three measurements are basically equal. I have thick wrists, thunder thighs, a panniculus and a bubble butt.

As I lose weight, my double chins are turning into a wattle. Dimples are becoming jowls. My shoes and wedding ring are annoyingly loose. My boobs now point down and will soon be getting caught in the waist of my pants as my belly no longer holds them up. Cellulite previously hidden by fat is now there for all to see. My fat arms are turning into batwings.

But, dang it, I feel better with every pound lost! My plantar fasciitis doesn't scream as I walk barefoot to the loo. I don't go "pfummpf" as I squeeze behind the steering wheel. I can carry multiple bags of groceries in the house in one trip. I guess I'll just keep at this CICO thing until my belly skin is down around my knees. What the heck!

Lol, I worry about this too. And then I worry that I should start saving rubber bands so that I can tie up my excess skin with it later, hahaha. But feeling better would be a great goal. :-)

• NelwynnValala
    Options
    I am with you. I wear regular size in my pants and plus size in shirts. I call my shape, golf ball on a tee!! You can add me!!

Lol, too funny! And might be even a better description, hehe
  • NelwynnValala
    Options
    I always say, "I'm a potato with legs"! Let's be friends! Haha

I've added you, ms. potato :-D

• rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me too, please! In addition to the apple shaped body, I have a circle face. So many ladies on MFP seem to be about my weight but they have such beautiful slim faces in their profile pictures! I also feel like I have short T Rex arms, but I think it's because they have so much more body to reach around at the moment... :o
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Add me.

All of my excess weight is visceral fat. Tough to lose at age 60.

But determined...
  • NelwynnValala
    Options
    Me too, please! In addition to the apple shaped body, I have a circle face. So many ladies on MFP seem to be about my weight but they have such beautiful slim faces in their profile pictures! I also feel like I have short T Rex arms, but I think it's because they have so much more body to reach around at the moment... :o

Lol, I do have a roundish face too. But I like to think that this is the reason people usually think I'm at least a decade younger then I actually am. Fat = no wrinkles. The only good part of it for us, hahaha
  • NelwynnValala
    Options
    Add me.

All of my excess weight is visceral fat. Tough to lose at age 60.

But determined...

Done! :-)

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I carry my extra weight evenly and everywhere -- from my cankles to my many chins. It's everywhere. I am somewhat cylindrical. My three measurements are basically equal. I have thick wrists, thunder thighs, a panniculus and a bubble butt.

As I lose weight, my double chins are turning into a wattle. Dimples are becoming jowls. My shoes and wedding ring are annoyingly loose. My boobs now point down and will soon be getting caught in the waist of my pants as my belly no longer holds them up. Cellulite previously hidden by fat is now there for all to see. My fat arms are turning into batwings.

But, dang it, I feel better with every pound lost! My plantar fasciitis doesn't scream as I walk barefoot to the loo. I don't go "pfummpf" as I squeeze behind the steering wheel. I can carry multiple bags of groceries in the house in one trip. I guess I'll just keep at this CICO thing until my belly skin is down around my knees. What the heck!

I don't have personal experience at this level but I've read enough to suggest that you'll need to introduce exercise and weight lifting, in order to tone up the body as you gradually lose the weight.

Congrats on the progress you've made so far.
  • oxkateox
    oxkateox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I refer to my body as a watermelon on toothpicks! I'd love the add!