1000 calories over

Options
Is this even possible, first day doing this and not doing very well. I am really obese and I need to make a start on my weight loss journey. Hopefully will do better tomorow. Please wish me luck.

Replies

• meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Track before you eat, reduce your normal portion size, get obsessive about those calories
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Ha. It's a shocker, huh?

Make small changes where you can. One day at a time.
  • Jayneholds
    Jayneholds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments, I will try be more aware of what I'm eating tomorrow
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It is a shock, but try excersizing as much as you are able to to claw back the calories. Even a 2 mile walk will give you back a hundred odd calories. Have you got map my walk or map my workout? I was really disheartened on another app as it didn't show the calories I was using up with excersize, so I was always over my limit every day. Sync the two apps and you will get a boost, especially when you get down to just being 50 or 100 calories over, you will be enthused to go for a walk or whatever, just so you can get under your calorie allocation.
  • slimmingforme
    slimmingforme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We've all been there!! I find prepping my meals the night before and actually entering them in to the app at that point keeps me on track the following day .. it means I'm already conscious of the calories I'm planning to consume and if they're above what's recommended then I can make adjustments before I eat (either by lowering calories or increasing activity) Good luck!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    One day at a time.
    One step at a time.
    This is all about you learning, growing, teaching yourself a new way.
    Just keep pushing.
    The most important thing is.
    You have taken the first step.
    Congratulations. :)
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If you still find yourself struggling (and starving even after a binge) a few months in.. give low carb a try. Just cut out all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.. etc.. and try more fat and protein.

I'm not saying it works for EVERYONE (so you know it all s who are lucky enough to have been born with the self-control to stop at just one or two Oreos can just chillax..) but it did wonders for me. I haven't been able to lose or control myself since November. I learned about keto in July and man I wish someone had told me about this YEARS ago! I've lost 19lbs since July 16th because for once in my life, I'm NOT HUNGRY. Who knew fat and protein was filling??? I thought fat=fat so "fat free" sounded like the answer to everything. Yeah, saved on calories a bit.. only to overindulge later cause I was still craving SOMETHING and couldn't seem to stop those cravings. Now I'm eating fat on purpose (STILL USING CICO!) and feeling full and satiated (that's the major thing there!) before I reach my calorie limit. I still go over at times, but now it's like 81 cal over instead of 1000 calories over.

Oh, and I'm not doing keto.. turns out that's bloody HARD! I'm just low carb. I will work my way slowly into keto.. maybe after I've hit a plateau. But as long as low carb is working, I'm cool with building up my carb resistance slowly.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Drink an 8- oz glass before each meal. That's your 3 out of 8 glasses done!
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    Drink an 8- oz glass before each meal. That's your 3 out of 8 glasses done!

What helps me is using a 32oz cup drinking on that until it's done by 2pm and filling it again to drink on until bed time. The first 32oz SUCKS.. when I reach the second half it's easier. I feel thirsty then.
  • Jayneholds
    Jayneholds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I feel positive this morning small steps your words of encouragement are making me realise I can do this
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It is a learning tool, the food diary allows you to start learning to budget your calories . I am now aware just how over my needed calories I was eating .Using the diary makes me stop and think about what I am about to eat
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been there. I'm there tonight (2000+ calories over) and I've lost a lot of weight (200+ lbs.). You will trip up and you will get back up. Just don't give up and forgive yourself for any mistakes that you make on this long journey. Best thing to remember: Every day is a new day. You can and will do this! :)