What's your BMI?

Options

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 26.0 down from 35.1 last October.

I would say it's pretty accurate depiction of where I am in this process. I'm still overweight, but I'm not super overweight.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    When I was in the best shape of my life I ran a 18:59 5k, could rip out 20 pullups, and 100 crunches in 1 minute. I was also a BMI of 29 but bodyfat of 12% by the Navy method (USMC). Ya BMI was not even close to accurate judge.

Now I have a BMI of 37, down from 43 since April. I am much stronger than ever I think but my cardio is screwed. I have to admit it is a pretty good for me now.

I think that it depends on body composition. It is based on populations not individuals and someone who lifts and has a lowish bodyfat is going to be an outlier to the curve.
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    30.5, I would say no. That is still the Obese category. I've lost over 60 lbs, at my starting weight I would have considered myself Obese, but now, although I'm still a bit overweight, I would not say (and neither would my doctor) that I'm obese.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    20 - on the low side of normal for my age. I'd agree.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Kinda idk. I got abs, always fairly lean. Run mtns, lift.
  • RogueRunner_1
    RogueRunner_1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Since so much of health and well-being is not described by BMI, our BMI cannot be taken as an indicator of our overall well-being.
    Which is why I asked do you FEEL it accurately represents your health? I was curious if peoples' opinions line up with the fact that BMI doesn't solely represent someone's health.

• fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Since so much of health and well-being is not described by BMI, our BMI cannot be taken as an indicator of our overall well-being.
    Which is why I asked do you FEEL it accurately represents your health? I was curious if peoples' opinions line up with the fact that BMI doesn't solely represent someone's health.
    I'm at a 27. I feel great. I'm 6'1 200lbs.
  • Rosesandhealth
    Rosesandhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    23 on the dot and I feel like that is fairly accurate as a depiction, I could be in better shape but am still a healthy weight. It motivates me to stick to my goals atleast..
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    <30 which is good for me. I feel healthy.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm maintaining around 22.

I'm very happy with the way I look and feel, my eating, body composition and my fitness level.

I started off in 2012 at 36.7!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    23.6. Little pudgy and would like to be down to 22. I don't look or feel overweight so it's pretty accurate for me I'd say.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,368 Member
    Options
    27 here, I'm almost in the "normal" range. I used to be in the obese range when I started. I feel great
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the 24-25 range. Where I think the BMI errs is in blanketing all numbers at the higher end of the scale as "obese." A pro bodybuilder will have a BMI that easily surpasses 30. That doesn't make them obese, but I don't think it's a healthy ratio over the long term.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Per my doctors visit last friday, 24.4, normal.

No, I feel like a slow fat as.s. About 30lbs above my ideal race weight. 42 lbs above my hs race weight
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    Options
    18.8 (normal). I'd say it's pretty accurate.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 23 which is normal & I feel normal.
    Some calculators say that my ideal body-weight is 10-15lbs less, which I do NOT think would be a sustainable healthy weight for me personally.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    26. According to my bmi I'm overweight. I feel slightly chubby. I wear a size 10 Canadian, but I don't think anyone would look at me and go wow she's fat. I have a lot of muscle left over from my 20's when I worked out a lot. However, I feel a lot more tired and can't work out as well as when I was a bmi of 22 or so.

In my profile picture I'm a bmi of 23...Much healthier for me. But only 20 lbs lighter. My goal is a bmi of 22. But as long as my fitness improves I don't really care.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    20.8. I don't think it is entirely representative as I am carrying a little more fat and less muscle than I would like do to an accident and an illness.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    18.5 - I'm at the healthy/underweight border.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    22 here. Body fat is a more important number to me.