Zumba

Options
Whats better to buy the New exhilierate DVDS or the old ones?

Replies

• lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The new one! I just became a Licensed Zumba Instructor and we saw the new Exhilarate. It is awesome!!!!!
  • Elysian13
    Elysian13 Posts: 79
    Options
    I am wondering about this as well. I am really temped to buy this as well! I was wondering (I have the Wii game) Should I buy the new one as well?

Also ZUMBA is awesome!
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the wii game and love it and thought about the next one. I buess I'll have to just buy the new one. Does it come with a work out calender?
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have both. Exhilarate is better I think for an overall burn. I liked the Sculpt and Tone from the older set better than the Ripped, but Ripped made me sore....really worked me out. Both are absolutely fun, so best of luck on your decision.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    The old ones are excellent but the new ones are a better quality recording...the best part about the new ones (I think) is when you're doing the step-by-step instructional DVD, you can literally turn the people around so that you're following them from behind, which allows you to not have to "mirror" what they're doing. I get confused otherwise. This way, if they're doing something to the left or with the left arm/leg, you do too...directly behind them. Not with them looking at you.

The other thing I like is you have the option of doing the workout without listening to anyone talk. It's kind of annoying after a while to hear the same sillyness over and over. It's nice to just listen to the music and follow along after you learn the moves better.

The toning DVD looks much harder in the new one too...

I still use my old ones on occasion too...just to mix things up. I love them all.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    It's way more fun at the gym with the lights off, the disco ball rolling and everyone screaming and clapping!
    I tried it at home.... I just get bored but they are there if I'm desperate!
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I think I'll just dive into the new ones!!