Here I am....again....

Options
Kst76
Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
edited September 2017 in Introduce Yourself
:(:(
Im getting tiered of my constant failures. All I want to lose is 30 pounds and everytime i reach 165 ish....something happens and I quite. My goal is 150 to 155 pounds.
But I hope this time will be different.
I see many people on here losing so much more weight than I so there is no excuse.

Replies

• macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Food is yummy. I don't know anyone who isn't in your shoes. It's a learning process - just got back on and am seriously "getting it" about portions. Not hungry at all but it's whole wheat pasta, TINY portions of meat and giant portions of veggies. And move...you got to move every day.
  • B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, feel free to add me. Good luck
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Feel free to add me. I am here for the 2nd time. I had stopped weighing and logging. So I am determined now to make sure I lose the extra kgs and then maintain the loss.
    Just keep logging and weighing. If you have a day where you go over your goal for whatever reason don't worry yourself about it. Just start again from the next meal. Just keep going.
    I think that it does take some time, energy and effort until you have internalised all the things you need to do - log and track and pre-plan what you are going to eat. Do this in advance until it becomes routine. Allocate that time and energy to yourself. It is a journey and no-one gets there overnight. You will also find ways that work for you to make it psychologically easier e.g. some say don't food shop while hungry, or don't keep biscuits in the house.
    You can get to your goal, and you can maintain it.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your answers.

The funny thing is...I know all this. I know the whole process. That is what is so embarrassing. I know but I still "can't" do it. I even preach it to my friends. I practiced the counting calories, food diaries..everything that is taught here on CD. It's an excellent weigh loss method and it is bullet proof. It always work if you stick with it. Not to mention...it's safe.
    So I have been doing this long before we even had my fitness pal, smart phones...yeah...even home computers...( yes back in 89 /90 when I was 13.
    I don't know why I always end up giving up. I think it is because it goes so slow and I lose motivation. The first 10 pounds goes fairly quick...but after that...man...it drags on. And usually at that point I lose my interest. That is my biggest hurtle. I am good at exercising. I am in pretty good shape despite my extra weight.
    But I am back and hoping yet again to do this so maybe with some friends and support it will be easier this time.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect as friends!!