Ready for one hell of a come back!!

Options
Hi there my name is Jennifer, and here is a little bit about my journey so far on Jan 18th 2012 I woke up and decided I didn't want to be the person I seen in the mirror any more so I decided it was time to make some changes at 1st it was just cutting out my favorite soda. I began drinking water only and making more conscious decisions about what I was eating and as I started seeing results I began to be more motivated do more to drop the weight. I was told about this app so I began tracking my meals & excersise and as time passed by I lost more weight and began to like who I was becoming. I had a few set backs a long the way like getting pregnant after losing 75 lbs and dreading the number on the scale to go up after working so hard to get them to go down mentally it wasn't easy but I knew I still had control and would make sure I stayed on track with my weight and not get discourged. I did pretty good and only gain about 24 lbs during the pregnancy. After I had my son it was a little trying to get back on track but I did just that and got down to weighing 173 lbs from about 250ish post pregnancy and 311 lbs when I first started back in 2012. In Dec of 2013 I meet this amazing guy that is now my future husband and became comfortable in lieu of that I have put on some of that unwanted weight and was back up to 240ish and knew I needed to get back on track so I have slowly been working on losing again my current weight is about 215ish. I plan on doing an official weigh in on Sept 10th because I am going to join a dietbet to help keep me motivated along with another way to be held unaccountable. Until then I am going to track here and make good choices. So even though I have had a few bumps in the road it's not a bad thing just reminds me that I am human and sometimes I am going to be tested. How ever that's exactly what it is just a bump because here I am ready to be on the other side of this bump and make one hell of a come back and make some new friends along the way.
What better way to start off me turning 40 in Oct?!!
Feel free to add me

Replies

• MsTiff1981
    MsTiff1981 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck with your goals!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenni!! You can do it girl! you have done it before and can surly do it again! diet bet is also great, I joined myself in order to help me stay motivated! I don't like loosing money! lol feel free to add me! x
  • awildwomanatheart
    Options
    Wishing you all the best! You got this and feel free to add me, we can support each other.
  • jenni0303
    jenni0303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all, I really do appreciate all the positive energy!
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    40?! If thats you in your avatar I wouldn't have guessed more than 25-28. WOW.

I'm reducing calories in two and a bit more weeks. I was 324 when I had my daughter and got down to 205 in the 3 years after her birth. I got pregnant with my son (around 215 then), who I just had 3 weeks ago, and got up to 264 again. I honestly just started to eat everything because I was pretty disordered when I was losing weight. I have been learning and growing this whole journey though.

Your post is so motivating to me! I wish you all the best!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Welcome! mfp is great for accountability.
  • Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great goal! I have been off and on here lots and made a renewed commitment the last week of July. I just finished my first diet bet with fatgirlfedup... and I loved it !!! I even won my bet! I am signed up for the one starting on September 10th too - I have at least 90 more to go so feel free to add me if you would like!
  • jenni0303
    Options
    Hi Njkelley, that is the same diet bet I am joining!! Congrats on the renewed commitment! I look forward to this new chapter of my weightloss with new friends.
  • jenni0303
    Options
    AMV91 wrote: »
    40?! If thats you in your avatar I wouldn't have guessed more than 25-28. WOW.

I'm reducing calories in two and a bit more weeks. I was 324 when I had my daughter and got down to 205 in the 3 years after her birth. I got pregnant with my son (around 215 then), who I just had 3 weeks ago, and got up to 264 again. I honestly just started to eat everything because I was pretty disordered when I was losing weight. I have been learning and growing this whole journey though.

Your post is so motivating to me! I wish you all the best!

Awww!! Thank you so very much yes that would be me in my profile pic.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Get after it!
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    jenni0303 & Njkelley I am also joining dietbet. i'm in Kate and Sara's Get Fit For Fall.