Expecting or New Moms

Options
I did my best eating without being overly obsessive during my pregnancy but did not exercise as much as I did prior too. As I am in my last 2 weeks and my life is going to drastically change (for the better), I am back on MFP! If there are any tips for eating healthy and exercise while recovering and orienting to a newborn or any advice or encouragement for a new mom please share! I love this site and has always been great for setting personal goals as well as group encouragement....Look forward to hearing from all the new and expecting moms...

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for a happy & healthy delivery.

Advice for a new mom? Be patient. While you're waiting for baby to arrive & after you deliver. Most importantly, be patient with yourself and your weight loss. It's not a race. ;)

Also, drink as much water as you can stand. It's good for your milk supply if you're going to nurse, and good for helping you lose the weight.

My kids are 8 and 4, but feel friend me if you want a recently BTDT friend. :)
  • gila24
    gila24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1. Give yourself time after birth to recover before worrying about weightloss, at least 6 weeks.
    2. Breastfeeding helps.