Slow Down..

Options
At what point in your weight loss did the losses start slowing down? SW and Slow Down Weight appreciated.

I'm still much too overweight to be slowing down to a pound a week on less than 1200 cals a day.. I think anyway.

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10579148/when-did-your-weight-loss-slow-down#latest

I'd asked the same question a while ago. Got some great responses!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mine slowed down for a couple of weeks and I had a "whoosh" after. It was most likely due to TOM cycles.

ETA: are you weighing your food? How are you logging? How did you get to 1,200 calories?

If all else fails, see below:

av6537bko9q4.jpg

• clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A pound a week sounds good. Not too fast or you will Yo-Yo back.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi Noah, good point.. wanted more others perspective. I started at 250 and I'm down to 218, I started June 2nd. I was losing 2-3 pounds up until about 3 weeks ago, it's since been about a lb.
    Thanks Aeloine, I will check out that thread!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you're losing slower than your goal is set to for more than 2 or 3 weeks, it's time to tighten up your logging for awhile to see where you are missing calories:

Use a food scale for all solids and semi-solids - whole foods, scanned foods, snack foods, pb, fruit, everything.

Double check the entries you are using in the database, many are user entered and incorrect.

Check in with yourself- are you logging everything? Beverages, condiments, nibbles, bad days, everything.

Are you eating back all of your exercise calories?

Has your activity level changed since you set up your account?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My weight loss slowed down after about 3 months, from 2 pounds a week to about 0.7 pounds per week, on average. It's an up and down thing, though; I'll gain a pound, I'll lose a pound and a half. I'm close to reaching my goal weight, though, so was expecting this last 10 pounds to come off more slowly. I'm convinced that losing no more than a pound a week is more reasonable and sustainable, and since I don't have a deadline I'm not stressing out about the slowdown.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Less than 1200? Why?

First thing I noticed also. OP, why less than 1200?
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Less than 1200? Why?

I don't know OPs weight but she's probably eating more than 1200 and logging incorrectly- lol because that hunger is real.
    I wonder if the unhealthy self torture is like a punishment for being overweight in the first place
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Less than 1200? Why?

At 218 lbs. and losing a lb. a week I'm pretty certain OP is eating more than 1200 calories, and needs to tighten up her logging if she wants to lose more quickly.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Less than 1200? Why?

At 218 lbs. and losing a lb. a week I'm pretty certain OP is eating more than 1200 calories, and needs to tighten up her logging if she wants to lose more quickly.

Nope. Average it out it's 2.5lbs per week. This is not a plateau. You don't go from 2.5lbs to nothing even with some logging inaccuracies. That's a 1500 per day deficit. Which is too much.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It starts at day 2, technically. 1% of your body weight is a good weekly, average loss. If you find yourself losing more slowly while obese, tighten up food logging.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've been using the food scale but obviously need to tighten it up more as far as logging choosing the correct entires. Thanks for the suggestions community.