Low Carb i Low Cal - High Protein ideas?

Options
I have to limit my carbs as well as watch the calories. Too many carbs and I get back into the carb addiction cycle, which takes me a few months to get out of (when entrenched in it). My body doesn't respond well to starchy carbs and sugars, even in fruit, if I eat them regularly or in abundance.

Anyone want to share ideas for snacks and foods that are both low carb and relatively low in calories? They can be high in protein... my body responds well to protein.

Thanks!

Replies

• AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken
    cottage cheese ( low sodium is great if watching sodium)
    greek yogurt (plain or vanilla has the least carbs...13 or so)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    btw...I am also doing high protein, low carb...check out my food diary for ideas if you want :)
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I have to limit my carbs as well as watch the calories. Too many carbs and I get back into the carb addiction cycle, which takes me a few months to get out of (when entrenched in it). My body doesn't respond well to starchy carbs and sugars, even in fruit, if I eat them regularly or in abundance.

Anyone want to share ideas for snacks and foods that are both low carb and relatively low in calories? They can be high in protein... my body responds well to protein.

Thanks!

You could do hard-boiled eggs, home-made protein bars (hundreds of recipies & variations). Just a couple of ideas.
  • chromatique
    chromatique Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Kohadre, for the ideas and the invite to check out your food diary!

Sincerely,

Margie
  • chromatique
    chromatique Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Woops, I goofed: Kohadre, i realize you didn't invite me to check out your food diary!
    Thank you for the homemade protein bar idea... never thought of that.

Margie
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Woops, I goofed: Kohadre, i realize you didn't invite me to check out your food diary!
    Thank you for the homemade protein bar idea... never thought of that.

Margie

LOL no worries Margie, I honestly dont mind anyone on this site checking out my food diary whenever they feel like it, if I did I would have it shut off instead of being public ^_^.

And your welcome for the idea, glad to hear it helped :)