Tortilla Chips and guacomole

Options
I find myself eating most of my calories in my snacks. I love chips and guacomole.
I've fallen off and I know I've gained inches.
Any suggestions.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post. My husband and I both love guacamole (the little 100 calorie Costco cups) and corn chips. The chips have been banned for the past two months, but the guacamole, without chips, can stay. There are trigger foods that some of us need to just plain avoid.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Dip some carrots in the guacamole? Use the guacamole as a salad dressing/topper?
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Use the baked tostitos. They are so much less calories than regular chips. I like the idea of the carrots above as well. I will sometimes cut the guac with reduced fat sour cream to give it more volume, but still prefer the real deal fresh with red onions and some tomatoes. Allow room for snacks by filling in the calories estimated ahead of time. Stay strong!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I ditched guacamole and substituted eating 1/3 to 1/2 of an avocado instead, sometimes with a teaspoon of medium hot salsa on top. It's easier to calculate how many calories I'm eating and pretty much satisfies my craving. The chips, sadly, had to go.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I love guac with my eggs for breakfast or on toast. So yummy!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Put guacamole on top of a turkey burger, eat with a green salad and some roasted sweet potatoes.

Also good in a burrito bowl--brown rice, beans, cheese, olives, salsa(s) and GUACAMOLE.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I can moderate guac, I can't moderate chips and guac. So the chips don't come into the house :(. I just threw away a tin of dark chocolate covered peanuts because I was hoovering them like a starving person and couldn't stop thinking about them! Sometimes you just have to control your environment until you can control your eating.