50...feeling 30!

Options
Has your weight loss improved your outlook? Attitude? Rejuvenated you? I'm feeling better than I have in years. I'm definitely healthier having lost 74 pounds!

Replies

• Shawstew
    Shawstew Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! Major energy and overall just feel amazing! Congrats on your loss!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes, I certainly don't feel like I'm knocking at 40! Thankfully don't look it either lol!! Great job!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Now that is success..when you feel years younger and have more vitality. congratulations.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to find that I've actually developed some discipline, as well as better eating and exercise habits. I've gained so much energy that sometimes I don't even know what to do with myself!
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. I am 57 and just (re) starting. Looking forward to a slimmer body, and more energy. I think lugging around an extra 30 pounds is wearing me out!
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Awesome! Congrats on your success!

I lost 80 pounds on my own and at home in my mid-30's. Now I'm in my early 40's maintaining nicely!

I look and feel amazing. In the best shape of my life. My experience is different then most though. I've been chubby/heavier most of my life so I was never "younger and thinner".

I can say though that it is very cool still getting carded occasionally and having the bouncer not believe your age. :smiley:

At the same time I'm embracing getting older. I'm owning it and I want to age gracefully. Also I don't want to be dependent on doctors/medications or be in pain as I get older.

Between those two points and with the way I feel, it helps me keeps me going with watching what I eat and being active everyday.

I used to be a bouncer...I'd card you! lol
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Thanks!

*Puts "OkChargerFan" down on my Christmas shopping list*

:smiley:

• OkChargerFan
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    Hahaha! Thanks!

*Puts "OkChargerFan" down on my Christmas shopping list*

:smiley:

Sent you my address!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    . . . maybe I lost mine too early ;);) I can say that I definitely feel much better than most of my friends. I think I was lucky through most of my 40's cause now at 49 it seems to be catching up with me. But, I will admit if I go down it will be a fight to the end.

Losing weight and just overcoming small things like at one time I refused to do any exercise that required me to get on the floor, now I am up, down, down some more, up and back down again! Doing things I never, ever thought I would do and loving most of it, I think feeds the brain and attitude with all kinds of good juju!!!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Regret is unforgiving and not a great feeling at age 52. I regret not taking better care of me when I was younger BUT after losing 74 pounds and pushing my body to limits I could not imagine a year ago....I can honestly say I am enjoying every single second of this journey! I feel like I am 30 again...
  • OkChargerFan
    Options
    Regret is unforgiving and not a great feeling at age 52. I regret not taking better care of me when I was younger BUT after losing 74 pounds and pushing my body to limits I could not imagine a year ago....I can honestly say I am enjoying every single second of this journey! I feel like I am 30 again...

Glad I'm not the only one!
    Congratulations on your efforts!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and last time I felt 30, I got slapped.....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Not really. But I've always felt great (I'm 54). I listen to friends my age complain about their knees their back etc. and I just wonder why. When I wake in the morning I don't feel any different than I did 20 or 30 years ago. At least not until I look in the mirror. ;) But this was also true when I was 35 lbs heavier. I don't know if it's because I've always been active or I'm just lucky.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I will be 49 in February and I have more strength and energy now after losing 71lbs than I did in my 30's that is for darn sure. I hosted a party over the weekend and saw family that I had not seen since Easter and they couldn't believe how much weight I have lost and kept saying I look 10 years younger and HEALTHY... I'll take that!! Healthy has been my entire motivation since day one. I will take the Healthy comments all day long! :p;)B)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    At 49 I feel better than I did in my 30's. It's funny there were lots of issues I was blaming on aging in my mid 40's, but now that I am down ~73 pounds they are no longer issues. I guess it wasn't age that was the problem, it was obesity.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!