Eating well in college?

Help! I feel like I'm always overeating and it's really hard to regulate what I eat or guess what calories I'm eating. How do I do better? I get way too hungry, and then overeat late at night. Any tips?

Replies

• FutureDVM2020
    FutureDVM2020 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm dealing with the same stuff. Having finished 2 degrees and working on my third and most demand one now, I wish I had started the clean eating when I began college. If you have a refrigerator and means of cooking your own food, DO IT!! Give yourself one night a week to spoil yourself, but don't go overboard with it. Meal prepping is really a life and time saver! You can even make your own frozen microwave meals so you don't have to cook 1 thing and eat that all week. Go for fresh fruits and veggies for snacks instead of candy and processed sugars. Using my fitness pal to scan barcodes when you can will help accurately track calories and such. Make time to do some sort of physical activity whether you go to the gym, walk around campus, play a sport, etc. stay active. It will help with energy and focus in school!!
  • Kimmy1500
    Kimmy1500 Posts: 4 Member
    Sometimes, eating a little bit more each meals or having a little snack will help you not overeating. It will maybe slow down projected results, but in the end, it will probably go better. And if you want my little tip (and if you can) going to school or job by bike will help a lot!
    Good luck, a bad week shouldn't sadden your mood, you can do it! :)
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Find a weight you'd like to be at.
    Calculate how many calories per day you should be getting.
    Log everything accurately.

This solves the problem
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    ARE you overeating? What's your height, weight and calorie goal, and are you hitting it consistently? Do/can you prepare your own food, or are you eating all your meals in a cafeteria? Are you really hungry, or just bored?

You shouldn't have to guess calories, you should weigh and log the exact amounts you eat, and that information should help you make better decisions, aka not overeat.

Eating well means getting in sufficient nutrition and not too many calories, eating food you like. If you aren't doing this, what is stopping you?