3rd shifter needing to cut sodas

Options
I work 3rd shift three days a week and always feel like I need sweet tea or soda to get a caffeine fix to make it through the night. I don't drink much the rest of the week, how do I replace my caffeine habits to make it through the night. I don't like coffee and I have tryed green tea, but it doesn't help as much for the energy that I need.

Replies

• zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just started taking a b vitamin at the beginning of my night shift and it works REALLY well. I also make sure I bring good food, including a treat, with fats and proteins and not just carbs so I don't crash and start eating the cake in the staff room. I have one coffee right at the start of my shift too
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Protein shake half way through my shift with some PB2 added seems to give me the boost I need to make it all the way through my shift. Other than that I sip on a non carbonated, 10 calorie per serving energy drink that I mix with water during my shift if it's a rough night staying awake. But, that's a last resort for me.
  • Camigwen
    Camigwen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I second the b vitamin, they can make a world of difference. I love my sweet tea but was able to switch to the unsweetened gold peak brand by slowest adding it to my sweet tea. Every week I added more unsweetened and less sweet tea to the mix. If you aren't adverse to diet drinks, some of the diet teas are tasty and are fine in moderation. Here again I like the diet gold peak but Lipton and a few others have excellent options or try brewing your own.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what your goal is--to cut caffeine beverages or to cut sugared caffeine beverages?