Having a arm day before cheat day ?

Options
I was thinking of having a arm day in my routine as they are lagging.
I do chest on Monday. I was thinking of doing arms on Sunday.

I feel if I do triceps after chest or biceps after bsck that I can not focus because my energy is drained.

Replies

• hellbound747
    hellbound747 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chest day before arm day os recommened. When working chest you will rely on your tris for support therefore tris will get a workout whilst hitting chest. Me personally would do bi's and tri's on the same day. Try having a separate sets with bicep culs 3x12 ect on your chosen weight then hit triceps 3x12 ect on your chosen weight. Rest for 10 mins after so maybe hot dreaded legs in this time or abs. Once rested go back to bi's and tri's but this time superset them. This should destroy your arms.
    Hope this helps.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I try not to do tri/bis before chest day. If I do, my arms are generally too weak to bench #2 pencils the following day. I do tris/chest on the same day as many of the lifts use both triceps and chest.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out connection between arm day and "cheat" day per title. Lol.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Trying to figure out connection between arm day and "cheat" day per title. Lol.

I had it in my head it was going to be about having arm day before cheat day so he can't eat so much on cheat day :smiley:
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    PL coach told me no biceps/triceps before chest. I do triceps with deadlifts. I do biceps on a cardio day, so I don't know have to do just cardio. I do like 3×12 with an ez curl (not serious biceps).

Have your cheat day after LEG day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    If your arms are lagging it's usually for a couple of reasons: genetics and/or lack of intensity when you train them. There are lots of bodybuilders out there that train hard, but lack great arms. Branch Warren is a good example.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png