Running=Happy, Fit=Happy

Options
In putting more and more into the idea that exercise daily make me happy.

I'm not sure what else does.

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I used to run early morning or late evenings along the Green Way and found peace and tranquillity. I really enjoyed it. Worked up to 13 miles a day....took about one year, but I did it. And, the feeling after a really good run was better than just about anything on this planet. Exercise is a really positive thing. For lots of reasons. I would encourage you to continue with the journey *but* to keep things in perspective. I speak for myself, but I was addicted to the run. I was addicted to setting a new personal best. That *can* - not suggesting that it will, but it can - lead to an unhealthy relationship with <insert-your-thing-here>.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Science would back you up on that - exercise releases endorphins and endorphins = happy :)

Equally the less scientific version is that if you're happy in your own skin then the rest of the crap the world throws at you doesn't seem so bad and you can deal with it better.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to vary your type of exercise, not running every day or you risk injury and becoming unable to exercise at all. Take a day off in between each run and do something else--walk, swim, bike, strength train etc.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Daily exercise makes me happy too. But it certainly isn't the only thing that makes me happy. I would consider it a problem if it were my only source of happiness.
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work a desk job and am taking 10 units of class. That's a lot of time sitting in a beige room at a desk. Running is the only time I am free. If running is what you enjoy and makes you happy then run until your heart is content! (Except maybe listen to your body too I tried to ignore my legs when they said slow down... it didn't work out so well)