Bee Pollen Capsules??

Options
I went to my soon to be mother in law's yesterday to drop the kids off before our trip to Hershey Park... and for the first time, she asked me how much weight I lost... & that meant a lot to me because she's not a bull sh*tter. she knew Ive been trying to lose weight but she is NOT the type to say anything unless she realllyyy notices a difference... & when I told her 11 pounds, she was really surprised. she then proceeded to hand me a box of pills...ZI XIU TANG Bee Pollen Capsules... & i havent opened them yet. i was just wondering if anyone has tried them, had any success or no success... im just curious. i looked them up and read a little, but I wanted to hear REAL peoles opinion..

Replies

• misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're not allergic to bees! I heard different views on them. Some people open them and put them on their salad. I've never had them though. Good luck!
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    LOL I've been stung PLENTY of times in my life. lol. (i hate shoes). definitely not allergic...but not my favorite thing...haha
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    There good to keep ur appetite at bay and to crap out everything in ur system. People wil say its a laxetive, which in fact it is, but when i was on it i noticed a difference, but it does make you go number 2 even when you dont realize.... alotta the times you need to be on the toilet bc you'll feel ur stomach hurting... but i quess its bc it was working. Also, i found that i wasnt eating alot which was a good thing and a bad thing... after a while they stop working and just make you GO. Try it, it may work for you, but make sure when u are working out, to be close to a bathroom
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    im reading all kinds of reviews online... aparently a lot of the ingredients have the laxative effect, but the bottle i have is a new bottle... doesn't contain the senna the old ones did ... NOT saying it still wont do that... idk. i fugure ill just try them to see if it works at all
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Look further into that "new One" there is also fake ones around too. depeding on if She got that one from amazon. there is a you tube video that has a step by step overview of how to ttell from the real goood working one, or the fake one where you wont feel any effects
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    well i looked up the video on you tube, and i definitely have an authentic bottle... im gonna give it a shot.. gonna stay on my diet & continue to try to bustle the energy to work out... no sitten around eating junk waiting for a miracle for me!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    Good Luck Girl! i know it works, Drink LOTSSSS of water, and if you notice anything strange with the effects, discontinue. i know it has effects with some ppl. But i beleive it will give you the right will power you are looking for!!! :-)
  • tcrumpley74
    tcrumpley74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with the group my experience with the bee pollen pills. I took the Ziuxiutang pills earlier in the year and they did not work for me beyond a good colon cleanse (which I think we all need to at least on bi-annual basis). Apparently, when these pills became popular, a lot of companies sold inferior counterfeits versions of the pills- I suspect I got a bottle of these. Then a friend suggest I try a gold version and found that it was a good vitamin/energy booster, appetite suppressant and makes you more regular-and did that for a month and lost 7 lbs. I didn't exercise during that month due to religious fasting during daylight hours but ate what I wanted for pre-dawn and after sunset meals. I am still taking them as a supplement to my diet and workout efforts but plan to taper off within the next 6-8 weeks. Your body pretty much builds an immunity after 2-3 months and pills should not be taken longer than that.

In the beginning with these products, you will always have a "detoxing" effect in terms of loose stools but only last a few days. A key benefit is that these pills will make you drink water (which is a natural appetite suppressant), at least 64 oz a day to avoid dry mouth- the only real side effect I experienced. As with all supplements, your body will become resistant- so I would only use these to jump start your diet and fitness program. Thus, I would challenge some of the testimonials on these sites about losing exaggerated amounts of weight and stating you don't have to exercise or eat right. I will say the product does helps you when you have those weeks were it's next to impossible to get exercise in or you have fallen off the bandwagon with healthy eating. The only way to achieve sustained weight loss is to use MFP, varied workouts and supplements occasionally to get over plateaus.

Overall, I like the product but would caution folks to check with their doctors first to ensure that the herbs in this product do not interfere with other medications or pre-existing health conditions.

I hope you all find this information helpful :wink:
  • BigBabba
    BigBabba Posts: 7
    Options
    I am on my third month on the pills. I will stop after I finish this last bottle and see what happens. First month I followed directions, ate what I wanted, didn't exercise much. I lost 10lbs, but gained 5 of them back during the first half of the second month. I switched to healthy eating and moderate exercise and I am loosing weight again and my body is getting a nice shape. I've lost 17lbs over the time I've been taking them. The pills made me go to the bathroom for only the first few days. They also made me extremely thirsty for the first month, I'm talking dry mouth, tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth, so it got me used to drinking a lot of water. I like them and am very happy with the result. I'll be off them next week and hopefully my weight will stay off too, and cross my fingers, weight will keep coming off. I'm supposed to go the maintenance pill, but I'd like to see what happens without it. If necessary, I will get back to them in a month or two to loose more weight, but that will be my last time.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I feed bee pollen to my lizards and munch on it myself. Definately not a magic power....tastes flowery...flower power!
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I take a product that has bee pollen in it for my allergies. It has worked very well.
  • allie_girl
    allie_girl Posts: 66
    Options
    I take 4 bee pollen capsules every day for my IBS. They work really well. I also find increased energy levels and overall better health. I like them a lot - there are some side effects that people can experience, so be careful. I got mine from a natural health store and they come in capsules. Seems to keep things pretty regular for me, I'd recommend them a shot :)