Keto

I'm wanting to start the keto diet! Can someone advise me how to start, any recommendations?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Find out what it is and how it works, and what it isn't and doesn't do, and then decide whether it's something you want or need. Then you'll have all the information you need to start.
  • lillypatton
    lillypatton Posts: 4 Member
    There are great resources out there if you just google it. I've been doing what they call "lazy keto" combined with primal in which I eat around 20g net carbs per day and no more than 50g total carbs. For keto the recommendation is 7g carbs per meal and no more than 20g a day. It's a debate if these are total or net carb but I count net and have lost 18 pounds in a month. So what I'm doing works for me. You might have to tweak your macros to make it work for you. There are wonderful Facebook groups for support and you can befriend me if you'd like. I highly recommend starting out with google and learning as much as you can before you commit to this way of eating. It's not a diet, it's a true lifestyle change that can change your life!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group herein MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of good info available in the launch pad and sticky note area of this group too!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group herein MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of good info available in the launch pad and sticky note area of this group too!

The LCD is great group - lots of info.