I'm following the app can't drop weight

Options
I'm 112 , want to be 100 . The app said add 3,180 calories per day .

Drop to 109 , then up to 111 then back to 112. I train very hard and eat well . I'm lost

Help

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What is your height and what kind of activity did you tell MFP to give such a high calorie number?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm going to assume that you are working in kilograms and not pounds.

How long have you been logging calories?

Your weight is going to vary day by day. Up/down/up/down/up/down, with an overall downward trend if you graph it out is your goal. It's not going to go down/down/down/down/down/down. If you are not seeing an overall downward trend over 4 weeks, drop your calories.
  • sacherjj
    sacherjj Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The estimates that MFP is using for your level of activity are just a little off. Manually entry your target. Try 3000 or 2900.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How old are you? What kind of training are you doing? Do you weigh 112 pounds or 112 kg? Either way, it's a very small amount of weight to lose. Your weight will always fluctuate from day to day, within a 1-5 pound range.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    As others have stated, we need a lot more information. How long have you been doing this? How tall are you? How old are you? What sort of training do you do? What is your activity like not including exercise? Depending on all that, the numbers may or may not make sense.
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Jerseyboy3904 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 , gym an weight and mma between 4 to 5 days a week . I track my calories religulous
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Options
    112kg
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Options
    I'll be honest it's pretty disheartening
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Options
    I'm six foot
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories burned during gym and MMA? And if so, are you eating back those exercise calories you burned?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this? Do you track anything but weight (body measurements, pictures of progress)?

tblt43zkkdxs.jpg
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight then you're eating too many calories, regardless of what the app says. Calorie counting is all a big game of estimating and learning, but the bottom line is that if you eat less than you use, you will lose weight. There a lots and lots of ways that the numbers can be off, but you can't let yourself get hung up on that. So two options: if you only just started cutting calories a few days ago, give it more time - a month even. If it's been longer than that, then cut some more calories. And be patient - this is a slow process, especially when you don't have much to lose. Good luck!
  • rfrenkel77
    rfrenkel77 Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    10% loss is significant and takes time. This app could overestimate cal needs. Without counting, whatever you eat now to maintain 112kg, Simply cut back your current portions. You will drop weight. Im 39 5'9"(1.75m) 155lb (70kg), train 4 times a week, I'm estimating my intake at 2000
    Just saw your hight post. If you are 6' your weight should be in 171lb / 77.5 kg. zone for athletic/MMA performance. You have more then 10% to lose friend! Cut back the cals.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    "eating well" is NOT an objective statement. Are you "eating within calories"? Are you weighing? How do you quantify "eating well"?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    "eating well" is NOT an objective statement. Are you "eating within calories"? Are you weighing? How do you quantify "eating well"?
    This.
    Food scale for every solid and semi solid food (as well as powders), and cups/spoons for liquids only? Using correct database entries?
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Options
    I am weighing all my food I am within the calorie count
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options

Prove it.

Open your diary.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If you're logging accurately and aren't losing weight at your calorie goal, it means that your goal isn't putting you at a deficit.
  • Jerseyboy3904
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    10% loss is significant and takes time. This app could overestimate cal needs. Without counting, whatever you eat now to maintain 112kg, Simply cut back your current portions. You will drop weight. Im 39 5'9"(1.75m) 155lb (70kg), train 4 times a week, I'm estimating my intake at 2000
    Just saw your hight post. If you are 6' your weight should be in 171lb / 77.5 kg. zone for athletic/MMA performance. You have more then 10% to lose friend! Cut back the cals.

cheers thank you very much for your advice very helpful