Low caloric lunch

Options
mirnadababneh
mirnadababneh Posts: 30 Member
I got tired of tuna salads and tuna sandwiches and everything that has TUNA in it, so do you guys have any recepies?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Anything other than tuna? Replace the tuna with another protein if that's what you are eating it for
  • kmarsh906
    kmarsh906 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try chicken and veg
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am currently OBSESSED ground turkey with black beans and pico. I put on top of spinach, and top with a poached (or fried) egg and a tablespoon of salsa. Seriously I am obsessed. I have about 3-4 ounces total, to me it's filling and I stay within my calories. If I know I am eating clean for dinner (I do intermittent fasting so I skip breakfast) I will also add avocado to my ground turkey lunch. :D

Also ground turkey with black beans and onions in stuffed peppers are good and easily transportable for lunch (if you work in an office)

I also like egg muffin frittatas with all kinds of stuff in it. I typically put spinach, mushroom, onion and bell peppers in my egg frittatas and I can make a bunch and eat them all week.

Also ground turkey scrambled with eggs and salsa is also delicious and high protein/ low calorie.

Sorry if I'm sounding redundant. I obviously love my ground turkey and eggs lol.

Turkey burgers without the bun or wrapped in collard greens is also a good one when I'm trying to mix it up.

And any sort of chicken or turkey with whatever I want as a "taco" served in butter lettuce instead of tortillas.

ALSO. black beans and sautéed sweet potato tacos are amazing! Again I eat the in butter lettuce instead of tortillas though corn tortillas aren't a calorie buster. I just really try to limit carbs the most in my calories.

hope some of those help!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    a small portion of leftovers?
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm loving a spinach salad with some sort of fruit (blueberries, strawberries) with seasoned grilled chicken, add feta for some flavor and additional protein.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I just had homemade chicken soup.

Chop carrots, celery, onions, garlic. Sprinkle with ground pepper and chicken seasonings. Cube 100g of chicken breast. Water to cover. Bring to a boil, simmer 2 hours. Add salt to taste.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite salads is lettuce, celery, chicken, and blue cheese dressing (I stretch it with yogurt or buttermilk) and hot sauce. Kinda gives you that buffalo wing flavor.