New to MFP, need friends!

Options
Hello, I am one week into my 80lb weight loss goal and lifestyle change {my first weigh-in is on Tuesday!} I had lost about 40 pounds in 2008/2009 for my wedding but then gained it back since starting nursing school in the fall of 2009. I graduate next summer and want to have lost most if not all of my weight by then. Also, we are going to be starting our family soon and I don't want to add that weight on top of what I already need to lose! So if you need an encouraging friend, please add me. I am looking for encouraging people as well to help me stay on the right path!

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kjpollard
    Options
    welcome! I'm on a 75 lb journey here!
  • Lady_Layla
    Lady_Layla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes, welcome! :-)
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome...!!...I'm 5 lbs. into a 100 lbs. journey...Feel free to add me..!!... :flowerforyou:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey!!! We are all here for you!!!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! i'd be happy to add if u like
  • puffinstix
    Options
    Welcome! :) I know MFP has helped me reach my weight goals and I'm sure you'll find that out yourself. You can do it!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this wonderful site! Please add me if you'd like.
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also on a similar journey! Working on loosing 70-75 lbs to just in general get into better shape and also to hopefully be in good shape before one day starting a family(one day, at an as yet undetermined time). Welcome! I am sure you will find a lot of support on this site :)
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm here on a 100lb journey and 18lbs lost!! :) Add me if you would like :)
  • shmiller1971
    Options
    welcome to MFP. Good luck
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    This is an awesome site for motivation and support.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • Srg1215
    Srg1215 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the outpouring of support. I know that each and everyone of us can do it!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey! this place will change your life if you let it = )
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sweetie!!! Feel free to add me if you like..Good luck on Your weightloss Journey *muah* "Beleive and you shall Acheive"