SO SORE... do I still lift?

Options
Hey guys, started a new lifting program on Monday, and it's Wednesday and I am still super sore. The program I'm following is a 3x a week fullbody workout so all of the same sore muscles will be targeted. I genuinely want to go to the gym but I know muscle grows as it recovers, so I'm worried that working those muscles again will be counter-productive.
I had a long brisk walk to get the blood pumping to see if that helped any, to no avail. Would hate to miss a lift on only my second day of the program, but let me know what you guys think!!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes. You'll actually feel better, after. As long as it's just DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and not injury.
  • ramshackles
    ramshackles Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Lighter weights and you'll be ok
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    After warmups it will go away, continue on.
  • avolo909
    avolo909 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    They are DOMS,they generally last one day or more, it depends on how hard you've trained that muscle. The work is productive if you haven't any pain before the training.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I woke up sore yesterday...didn't want to deadlift heavy. I warmed up...felt better...and pulled a PR. Soreness usually goes away once I start moving.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    pain is pleasure.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    h9qdcylk04ao.jpg

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body". Do a light workout or some yoga and you'll feel 100x better.