Recomp success

Options
Has anyone here had success with doing a body recomp that would be willing to share their before/after pics. I'm trying to decide if I want to do recomp or a lean bulk. I've been going back and forth with both for the last two months. I'm at my goal weight but bf is around 20 to 22%. I get mixed answers from both sides as to which route I should take. I tried to eat at a slight surplus in August and ended up at pretty much the same weight. I'm trying to be careful because I definitely don't want to get fat. I've been heavy lifting since May. While still in a deficit I stalled out on progression pretty quickly but I've been able to make strength gains since eating more. Sorry this is all over the place, I'm clearly having a hard time deciding what to do.

Replies

• avolo909
    avolo909 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is quite difficult, the only way to create lean bulk is to eat more than your DCIN(daily calory intake needs) is. this means that you'll earn lean bulk but also fat bulk,it is unavoidable.
    You can try by adding few calories more than you need in order not to add too fat.
    Personally i've tried this method with quite good results.
    In february my wheight was 80Kg, i used this method until july and than i started to follow a very very ipo diet (few calories less than my DCIN) and now i wheight 79.5 Kg with 9% bf.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Check through this section for multiple of examples of people who have had success with recomp.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Check through this section for multiple of examples of people who have had success with recomp.

Such as here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest

Yes, it's mainly about methods, but various people have posted about results, including some photos