NOT Motivated :(

KristensMom314
KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
edited September 30 in Motivation and Support
I don't know, maybe it's that time of the month. But I am just NOT motivated today. I did a 3 mile walk/run and my 30DS today, but I really didn't want to. I'm a little depressed that I gained 4 pounds since beginning 30DS, and I guess that has put me in one of those well-if-I'm-not-losing-I-might-as-well-just-give-up moods. I'm worried I won't reach my goal when I want to. I was doing so well! And it doesn't help that I hate exercising to begin with!

Gah--I'm just depressed and want to give up. What do you do when you're feeling like quitting?

Replies

• Hey there Kristen's Mom! I am not sure what DS is but I know that i :heart: my fitness program ChaLean Extreme and I look forward to that one and other Beachbody programs. We have a fit club here locally we do Monday Night. So we do various things and we pump each other up. When I dont feel like working out there I consult my Beachbody team and they get me back in the mood/spirit. Good luck to you hun and feel free to message me if you need some pumping up :flowerforyou:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    When I get annoyed that things are not moving as quickly as I would like, I do what you did and reach out for some support. You can do this!! You've done a great job so far!

And if that doesn't work, I get out some clothes that either fit or were slightly snug before and try them on. Seeing them fall off never fails to make me laugh. :laugh: Sometimes the scale and even the tape measure are not enough!

Good job going for your walk anyway. Sometimes all you can do is suck it up and do it. Eventually you will get your mojo back!
  • I hear ya! I'm a mommy too... so my motivation is wanting to be my best for my kids. I know that unless I drop a few pounds my 4 year old & 16 month old will continue to outrun me! You can do it! Look how well you have done already!
  • tracehugs
    tracehugs Posts: 2 Member
    Hi,
    I stopped looking at the scale,when it stayed the same but my clothes fit differently. Instead of looking at the scale, notice how your clothes are fitting. When you exercise your body starts to produce muscles which weighs more. I agree with the lady that posted it is nice to have an accountability group to help you through those times of not wanting to keep going.
This discussion has been closed.